• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Non-rev and commuting just got harder

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You can still bypass at certain airports when you are a working crewmember. This rule they are talking about is for deadheading and non-reving and it's nothing new. For years, crewmembers have been prohibited from bypassing security when deadheading or non-reving. It is mostly on the honor system that you do it but nonetheless, people get caught here and there and are usually made an example out of. It's a very stupid thing to get fired over.

Here's the question. How will they know you're non-revving when you get off the crew bus? Will the bus drop everyone off in front of the airport now? Will they refuse entry to anyone not in uniform? How will they enforce this?

So please tell me how you are NOT a working crewmember when you are deadheading. If I am getting paid to be on an aircraft, I am a working crewmember.

Your name isn't on the release and you aren't working the flight. You are simply getting paid to deadhead, often on another airline. You are working but you are not a crewmember of the flight being operated.

Here is a tip for your commute. Call uhaul morons!!! this way you won't have to deal with the commute drama. Live in domicle and quit yer whining!!!

When your company closes down every domicile you move to, let me know how you feel about it. My last one closed every single domicile where I was based, save the company headquarters up in BFNY. How many times are you willing to move for a regional?

So let's say for example you landed in ORD after finishing a four day. You left from some small airport in the morning that didn't require you to be screened. Now you have to EXIT the secure area to REENTER the secure area and ask to be screened before you can commute home. Please tell me how they will enforce this and how it will make me any safer. The dude that stole your SIDA badge or uniform is not going to VOLUNTEER to be screened.

I feel safer already. "Hey...and could you guys look a bit harder, last time through you missed the gun, 4 kilos of cocaine, and the small child I was smuggling."

Here is a tip for your commute. Call uhaul morons!!! this way you won't have to deal with the commute drama. Live in domicle and quit yer whining!!!

That would have been 5 moves in 4 years. None of which were of my choice. Here's a tip, next time you think you have something intelligent to say....just keep it to yourself. :)

How will this work at ORD? I just hop on the bus and get dropped off at the terminal, I ask because I am going to HNL tomorrow and planned to park at the employee lot.

Your name isn't on the release and you aren't working the flight. You are simply getting paid to deadhead, often on another airline. You are working but you are not a crewmember of the flight being operated.

So? My name isn't on the release when I am sitting up front either. By definition, when I am getting paid I am working. I have been through several FBI background checks to be able to work for an airline. So now they are saying that those checks aren't thorough enough, that they have to have high school dropouts wand me before I can step onto an airplane. Sorry, that is just assinine.

If it is found that you went the other way around, they can, and will, shut down the airport.

Oh yeah, that will look REALLY good for the TSA. They shut down a major airport, canceling or delaying hundreds of flights, all because someone who has been through numerous background checks bypassed security. When that hit CNN and FOX, and the fired pilot was interviewed, the TSA would be lambasted. I can see it now. TSA director trying to justify shutting down an airport because one of those dangerous crewmembers got by. "Sure, it's OK for them to fly a multi-million dollar airplane with hundreds of people on board, but we just can't have them walking through the secure areas of the airport without being screened..."

Latest resources

Back