Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dudes...

RELAX.

Comply with this new rule TO THE LETTER.

It's called MASS HYPERCOMPLIANCE.

It'll work.

The problem with hypercompliance is that the TSA doesn't care how long the lines are. More importantly, they don't care if you have to walk 5 times from C concourse to the security checkpoints. From their point of view, the longer the lines are, the better they are doing their jobs!

I'm not going to comply with anything until I get an official directive from the company.

Happened not long ago. Everything was shut down. Ramp Agent boarded a flight soon after he/she completed shift and decided that he/she didn’t need to go through security.

Even that the Ramp Agent went through proper boarding procedures, it was soon found out and next thing you know the airport is shut down. Since you seem to know every thing, why not look up what airport and when this happened. I know it…but I will let you look it up.

No one except the Ramp Agent, got fired. There was no CNN/FOX blaming anyone. TSA was right on!!

By the way, why don't you try to use the above 'bold/underlined' line next time you're being screened by TSA...if you're fall in to that 'crewmember' or 'airline pilot' category.

Sorry, but there is a difference between a ramp agent and a pilot. And I have said that to TSA personnel before. I once asked a TSA agent why it was necessary for pilots to go through the screening process. Know what the answer was? To a pilot standing there in uniform, with ID, getting ready to get on the aircraft? "Well, it's so you can't get control of the aircraft." Wanna explain to me again how intelligent these people are?

T
You were once at a 'sub-high school educated' level too. You must have been just as stupid as you blame these TSA personnel to be.

Yeah, I was. When I was 17 years old. Since then I have been through college, pilot training, and 25 years in the workplace. What's your point?

Just use the employee line. Never really any wait. Even in ORD or CLT. Zoom right through.

The problem isn't the length of the line. The problem is, I ride the bus into the airport, and it drops me off at the operations area. Am I expected to then hike to the security checkpoint, walk outside of the secured area, just to re-enter? How stupid is that?

That will add at least 30 minutes to the process.

The question is, how does the TSA know who gets on a plane without going through security? Do we have hidden GPS units on us now? What about jumpseating?

The company needs to address this.

I am really confused now. So even if we have a SIDA badge we still have to go through security even with the badge?

I cannot believe I'm gonna do this, but I'm gonna stick up for TSA. There was just a situation in MCO where a non-rev ramper badged thru security and brought guns and drugs abord a flight to Puerto Rico. He was a comair ramper.

I understand your point but...

I think the TSA is not worried about pilots, but rather, people impersonating pilots. The solution is simple - nationwide SIDA badge with biometrics [digital fingerprinting] for all crewmembers.

An excerpt from our company memo...

Basically what this means is that if you have not been through security screening and you are going to ride on an airplane as a passenger or jump-seater, you must go through a security checkpoint before checking in for the flight. You also will be subject to random screening at the gate.

If you have gone through security at the beginning of your day and not left the sterile area, you do not need to be re-screened when changing from a working crew member to a dead heading crew member.

I cannot believe I'm gonna do this, but I'm gonna stick up for TSA. There was just a situation in MCO where a non-rev ramper badged thru security and brought guns and drugs abord a flight to Puerto Rico. He was a comair ramper.

Excellent. This way, he can go back through security then reclaim his guns. I bet that extra 1/2 hour it take that will keep legit commuters from making their flights will really throw a wrench in to the drug dealer's plans.

Fix the bad people, not the good ones.

Latest resources

Back