• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Non-rev and commuting just got harder

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
a$$ clown TSA idiots, If I have a SIDA badge that means I have passed an FBI background check and If I can fly an airplane without running it into buildings I think i should be able to bypass security

a$$ clown TSA idiots, If I have a SIDA badge that means I have passed an FBI background check and If I can fly an airplane without running it into buildings I think i should be able to bypass security

Yep..and those maroons that smuggled the guns and drugs into the secure area using their SIDA badges just ruined your credibility.......

You may not be a threat but the guy who stole your SIDA bagde and uniform might be.

Thank God for the TSA...I feel so much safer every time an employee of the federal government with a sub-high school level education takes my tube of explosive toothpaste away from me. I don't even think about security when I step into the flight deck now because I know that America's finest have my back. I would much rather they concentrate their efforts on confiscating "illegal" liquids or gels than guns or explosives. Toothpaste Stealin' A$$holes.

I'm curious if this has something to do with a large kitchen knife being found on a regional flight the other day. TSA is probably trying to blame it on the flight crew, instead of just admitting their own incompetence.

im confused dont we always have to go through security? ive never bypassed security, it feels good to show my shiny new oakley boxers i pull out of my backpack while listening to INXS on my ipod. lest we forget the hair gel i forgot at the columbia airport days inn when i was fixin my faded highlights. if anyone finds that pm me

There are many small airports where we don't (or didn't used to have to) go through security.

You can still bypass at certain airports when you are a working crewmember. This rule they are talking about is for deadheading and non-reving and it's nothing new. For years, crewmembers have been prohibited from bypassing security when deadheading or non-reving. It is mostly on the honor system that you do it but nonetheless, people get caught here and there and are usually made an example out of. It's a very stupid thing to get fired over.

So please tell me how you are NOT a working crewmember when you are deadheading. If I am getting paid to be on an aircraft, I am a working crewmember.

I'm curious if this has something to do with a large kitchen knife being found on a regional flight the other day. TSA is probably trying to blame it on the flight crew, instead of just admitting their own incompetence.

My guess is that it has something to do with the Comair ramper who smuggled drugs and a bunch of guns aboard a flight from MCO to SJU last week by bypassing security.

Latest resources

Back