• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Non-rev and commuting just got harder

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have tried to implement security at my flight school. I dont think anyone should be on the flight ramp without proper screening!!! They could steal a parachute from one of the airplanes. And then where would you be?

I know the dip sh!t in FL triggered all of this, but really it makes you wonder why we even bother having the SIDA badges at all.

This may sound like a stupid question, but don't you always have to go thhrough security when you commute? I always have.

I was wondering about the same thing. With the exception of the very occasional outstation that used to let us through w/o TSA, this will not make a huge change to my life.

It suprises my how many people are posting about it. I hate TSA just like everyone else but I thought most of us go through them 99% of the time. I guess not.

I was wondering about the same thing. With the exception of the very occasional outstation that used to let us through w/o TSA, this will not make a huge change to my life.

It suprises my how many people are posting about it. I hate TSA just like everyone else but I thought most of us go through them 99% of the time. I guess not.

ASA and AAI pilots do not go through security when they duty in in ATL. They have SIDA badges, and are dropped off by the bus at their ops areas. In addition, probably half the outstations that ASA flies to allow the working crew to bypass. That is why people are upset. This is just another dumb feel good rule by an inept agency that is designed to make them look better to the public.

Thank God for the TSA...I feel so much safer every time an employee of the federal government with a sub-high school level education takes my tube of explosive toothpaste away from me.

Toothpaste? What about turkey sandwich? ;)

TSA training!

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykzqFz_nHZE)

It's all about TSA job security. Just think, all of those Thousands Standing Around now have some fresh meat. This will increase traffic through the checkpoints by at least 25%. More TSA jobs, more TSA promotions!

I don't know why everyone is so upset about this. The rule is unenforceable. They have no way of knowing whether you were screened or not. As far as I'm concerned, there is no new rule.

I know the dip sh!t in FL triggered all of this, but really it makes you wonder why we even bother having the SIDA badges at all.

Could be worse: I have a SIDA badge that doesn't do a d@mn thing for me except get me into the parking lot. Sure, I had to wait four hours (I'm not kidding), watch the same stupid video, and take the same stupid test as everyone else does. However, it's a category of badge that doesn't allow security bypass, except in the wee hours of the night/morning. Right: If I wanted to take contraband into the sterile area, there's no way I'd be motivated enough to do it at 0330. :angryfire

Would everybody quit freaking out. There is no new rule. Why would anybody land a plane safely and then instead of walking a few gates over to catch a flight home choose to go back out and through the security line and miss their flight? This is a just a pilot stupidity test, the govt. is testing to making sure pilots aren't 100% retarted.

Latest resources

Back