• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Non-rev and commuting just got harder

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Excellent. This way, he can go back through security then reclaim his guns. I bet that extra 1/2 hour it take that will keep legit commuters from making their flights will really throw a wrench in to the drug dealer's plans.

Fix the bad people, not the good ones.
Exactly.

That's the problem we see over and over again.

No matter WHAT new rules they come up with, any person with half a brain can come up with a way to circumvent them.

Short of making everyone travel nude and prohibiting ANY baggage, there's no way to make flying 100% safe.

But hey, whatever makes those TSA folks feel all warm and fuzzy that they're doing their jobs. :rolleyes:

If you have gone through security at the beginning of your day and not left the sterile area, you do not need to be re-screened when changing from a working crew member to a dead heading crew member.

I know this is picky, but what about if I start my day at the base in ATL, and never go through security. I then finish my day line, and I'm going on a trip. Does the fact that I never went through security at the beginning of the day mean that I'll have to go then?

Really though, I will never take my bags through security. I will leave them in ops, go through security, and pick them up to continue on my trip home. (That's if they even find a way to enforce this.)

I know this is picky, but what about if I start my day at the base in ATL, and never go through security. I then finish my day line, and I'm going on a trip. Does the fact that I never went through security at the beginning of the day mean that I'll have to go then?

Really though, I will never take my bags through security. I will leave them in ops, go through security, and pick them up to continue on my trip home. (That's if they even find a way to enforce this.)

By operating a flight, you are leaving the sterile area; you are leaving the airport entirely. This is a poorly written directive.
I haven't seen anything on bags - yet...

Reminds me of a TSA policy in place at my company HQ a few years ago. We picked the aircraft up at the hangar and taxied it over to the terminal. We were then required to get off the airplane and go into the terminal and go through screening. Following that we were to go back out to the aircarft and then conduct our security sweep of the aircraft to make sure nobody stashed anything. Anyone see the GLARING loophole?

I cannot believe I'm gonna do this, but I'm gonna stick up for TSA. There was just a situation in MCO where a non-rev ramper badged thru security and brought guns and drugs abord a flight to Puerto Rico. He was a comair ramper.

Yes, and he was a RAMPER, not FLIGHT CREW, who seem to be the primary object of this new policy!

Why not give out colored wristbands or those neat little stamps on your hand if you've been through security. You know- a different color for a different day. Problem solved. That sounds like fun!

It's all a bunch of reactionary hot air!!!!! Until we profile people (which we all do anyhow and should concerning airport security) nothing will be safer, it will only placate the unintelligent citizens of our country and make the terrorists laugh at our stupidity!

Latest resources

Back