• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Noise Cancelling Headsets?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you've got THAT much confusion in the cockpit, you've got bigger problems than which headset you're using...

;)

If you've got THAT much confusion in the cockpit, you've got bigger problems than which headset you're using...
Dude, you are a piece of work, you attack a poster that has passed on some very informative safety related information, you got stock in the company or are you really that stupid. I wonder if the people you fly for realize what a tool you are, glad you don't fly for an airline.

By the testimonials here I certainly can believe that it is doing a good job, so much so that I went to the web site to investigate, but just looking at the design made me wonder what the effects of gravity and movement on the cord would have on the plug, then bingo, a post from gunfyter verifies it, I'm afraid I can't afford to take that chance, and why don't they mention this flaw on their website, hmm. My Clarity Aloft headset was made as a pilot headset from it's conception and you don't have the oops factor that you have with this system, I'll pass.

If the UFM is losing connection either the o-ring is worn or missing or the interface plug is damaged. The design is as trustworthy as the plugs that are at the end of all cordsets. If your equipment is not operating properly, tell us, so we can fix it!

Mike

Dude, you are a piece of work, you attack a poster that has passed on some very informative safety related information, you got stock in the company or are you really that stupid. I wonder if the people you fly for realize what a tool you are, glad you don't fly for an airline.

Say again I bet Gutshot is glad that you do fly for the airlines and not next to him.

Anyone know how well the QC2 U Fly set up will work in a 402. Will there be enough ANR or should I just go with the Bose X.

Last edited:
Dude, glad you don't fly for an airline.

I bet he is. I know that I am.

P.S. If/when the boom mic is disconnected from the headset unit, a VERY noticable "POP" is heard followed by dead silence. There is no way I can think of that this unit could disconnect and NOT have the pilot be aware of it.

If the UFM is losing connection either the o-ring is worn or missing or the interface plug is damaged. The design is as trustworthy as the plugs that are at the end of all cordsets. If your equipment is not operating properly, tell us, so we can fix it!

Mike

Mike,

Not only is your product the best thing I have bought for my aviation career, your customer service is stellar!!!

You bet!!!

With all due respect, you are the one doing the attacking around here.

Perhaps you should REALLY learn about the uflymike adapter before you slam it. By far the best headset I have owned.

Can the cord come out? Yes.

Has it ever fell out for me? No.

Can you tell if it does? Yes, by the pulling on your head, and the loud click associated with it.

Does it work if the battery dies? No, but there is more than enough warning when it is about to die. There is a red light on the side of the headset that blinks when power is low. When that happens, you have about 4 hours, I'll repeat that, 4 hours to 1) replace the battery, 2) get a spare headset, or 3) turn on the ship's speaker. Also, the ANR will start to cut out before total failure.

I've used the QC2-Uflymike combo for two years now and have never had the mike jack come out all the way or slip out enough to lose the electrical connection. And I use it on virtually every airline flight I'm on to quiet down the noise from the other pax and engines. I use 1 AAA battery every other tour and I think it's really helping me prevent hearing loss. One of the best investments I've ever made.

Mike,

Not only is your product the best thing I have bought for my aviation career, your customer service is stellar!!!
I'll second that.

This is an excellent combination. I've had it almost 2 years, and have NEVER had the mic "fall out." I have caught it on the armrest before and had it pull out, and it was VERY obvious. As fischman said, you have ample warning of the battery dying - the flashing red light first, then when it gets really low, the ANR cuts out when you tap on it or hit it on something. When the red light starts flashing, I make sure I carry an extra AAA battery in my pocket, and I also have the company Telex in the cockpit at all times.

The worst tour I had in the last 2 years was when I sent my uflymike in for the ERJ mod, and had to use the company-provided Telex passive ANR headset.

I'm glad to see so many positive replies about this set-up to begin with. I almost bought it a few months ago after one of our guys showed it to me and let me try it out. When I told a couple other guys about the experience in the following weeks, however, I got responses like "Oh, but then you have to be on hot-mike to talk to each other; that sucks!" "It's a pain in the [butt]!" So, I thought maybe I wouldn't try to rock the boat if people didn't like 'em so much. Should've gotten some opinions here first; my ears kind of matter to me :)

I've been thinking of what to put on my Christmas list; it seems I have a winner!

Latest resources

Back