Noise Cancelling Headsets?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MVFR

I'm looking to purchase an "active" noise cancelling headset for passenger use on the CE560 and airlines. Market leader seems to be Bose, with the QuietComfort 2 ("around the ear") and QuietComfort 3 ("on the ear") models most mentioned. Any thoughts on relative performance and comfort between those two models? Any other suggestions would be welcome, too.

Thanks...

I guess it's personal preference. I prefer the over ear QC2 to the on ear QC3. I'd go to a Bose store and try them both. I think you'd be happy with either...

With an adaptor to plug in the I-Pod on those long trips. The only way to survive those Atlantic crossings......

If you get the QC2 you can buy the U-Fly Mike adapter and use it in the cockpit too.

The feds are watching for this now and alerting the compines they they are not to use non-TSO'd headsets. So be carefule be for your buy a great headset that you wont be allowed to use.

The feds are watching for this now and alerting the compines they they are not to use non-TSO'd headsets. So be carefule be for your buy a great headset that you wont be allowed to use.
I do believe there is no regulation that says headsets are rquired to be tso'd. But I may be wrong. Unless they are going to change it.

The feds are watching for this now and alerting the compines they they are not to use non-TSO'd headsets.

What feds? What companies? And what regulation would you be violating?

There is no regulation prohibiting the use of non-TSO'd headsets under Parts 91, 135, nor 121. Unless you're an aircraft manufacturer, the TSO is not relevant.

What feds? What companies? And what regulation would you be violating?

There is no regulation prohibiting the use of non-TSO'd headsets under Parts 91, 135, nor 121. Unless you're an aircraft manufacturer, the TSO is not relevant.

I do know that they have or are stopping the SWA guys from using them. But I don't know, they sound cool to me. ( the FAA ranks right up there with the TSA in my opinion)

Latest resources

Back