Noise Cancelling Headsets?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gun,

A couple of bigger issues here too regarding this WONDERFUL product.

Bose was pissed because, even though the QC2 (their product) was featured as part of this setup, their existing line of NC Headsets that they charge WAY TOO MUCH FOR was being impacted. You'd think they'd be happy about the increased sales of the QC2 but... whatever.

SWA lawyers probably though that the fact a SWA pilot MADE the U-FLY MIC set-up and many of their crews used (use :cool: ) the adapter set up was a bit too close for comfort in the liability sense. Lawyers... sheesh.

Bottom line. THIS IS A WONDERFUL PRODUCT FOR ANY PROFESSIONAL PILOT. I don't endorse crap, never have. Every once in a while a really cool product comes out that really improves quality of life on the road for me. This is the best one since the digital E6B computer (loved that thing). I enjoy dispatchers much more now!

the U FLY MIC never got big business' approval so Bose sought to sue the small guy. When that failed, they sought to destroy his customer base by scaring SWA and the FAA into thinking that a pilots choice of headset would cause an airplane to immediately explode because it wasn't TSO'd.

Mike got the darn thing TSO'd. End of story. Who lost? Big business (BOSE). I love it!!!

Who won? The little guy... and me.

What he said.

The only things I would add is that the Bose X (which I have used many times on contract airplanes and is a good headset) is inferior to the QC2 setup in three respects:
1. Cost
2. No I-Pod plug in
3. You can't use it while airlining to drown out the screaming babies because you can't take the mike off and would therefore look like a total doofus in seat 13B with your headset on.:smash:

You can't take the mic off and use it while airlining? Is that correct? Will I be able to plug it in my laptop and watch movies? Ipod is a go also, right?

I borrowed one last tour and it made so much difference.

Santa was just notified that my Qc2 and uflymike are the only things on the sleigh for me this year.

You can't take the mic off and use it while airlining? Is that correct? Will I be able to plug it in my laptop and watch movies? Ipod is a go also, right?

I borrowed one last tour and it made so much difference.

Santa was just notified that my Qc2 and uflymike are the only things on the sleigh for me this year.
No, it's the Bose X $1,000, fancy-schmancy, TSO, STC, aviation headset that has no I-Pod plug and the mike is not removable.

The Bose QC2 is an over-the-ear, active noise cancellation headset aimed at the regular consumer market. The mini-plug that you use to plug into your I-pod, DVD player, or whatever is removable from the headset. The Uflymike plugs into that opening and then functions as an aviation headset compatable with most jet aircraft headset plugs. But there is also an additional input on the Uflymike that allows a mini plug cord to connect your I-pod to the headset in the cockpit (a real lifesaver on long trips or when flying with a sack of wheat in the other seat.) I only use it in cruise. With the volume set properly, you'll never miss a radio call.

No, it's the Bose X $1,000, fancy-schmancy, TSO, STC, aviation headset that has no I-Pod plug and the mike is not removable.

The Bose QC2 is an over-the-ear, active noise cancellation headset aimed at the regular consumer market. The mini-plug that you use to plug into your I-pod, DVD player, or whatever is removable from the headset. The Uflymike plugs into that opening and then functions as an aviation headset compatable with most jet aircraft headset plugs. But there is also an additional input on the Uflymike that allows a mini plug cord to connect your I-pod to the headset in the cockpit (a real lifesaver on long trips or when flying with a sack of wheat in the other seat.) I only use it in cruise. With the volume set properly, you'll never miss a radio call.
I see some things won't change between companies.

Latest resources

Back