Noise Cancelling Headsets?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Airplanes are TSO'd but they crash.

Replace the O-Ring on the UFLY MIC adapter if the connection between the headest and the boom mic seems loose.

Common sense? Yes.

Kinda unziping your fly before pizzing. Next thing you know, I may need unifomr pants with a TSO so I can pee without remembering to unzip my fly.

I have a placard on my pants for this very reason.

I'm afraid that knowing that a headset can fail in this manor and still choosing to use such junk is what's funny! lol.

I'm afraid that knowing that a headset can fail in this manor {sic} and still choosing to use such junk is what's funny! lol.

Ask anyone who actually uses this product if he considers it "junk." On long days, it's the most comfortable headset I've ever worn.

I've had a TSO'd Telex literally break apart in my hands as I went to put it on. The TSO didn't add anything to the product except its replacement price.

By the testimonials here I certainly can believe that it is doing a good job, so much so that I went to the web site to investigate, but just looking at the design made me wonder what the effects of gravity and movement on the cord would have on the plug, then bingo, a post from gunfyter verifies it, I'm afraid I can't afford to take that chance, and why don't they mention this flaw on their website, hmm. My Clarity Aloft headset was made as a pilot headset from it's conception and you don't have the oops factor that you have with this system, I'll pass.

You might want to consider the Clarity Aloft, even as comfortable as the Bose headset is, after a long period of time it can be a bit sore, at least on my head, the Clarity goes around the back and you forget it's even on, although not an ANR it reduces the noise dramatically.

There is a brand new LIGHTSPEED headset out. It is MORE COMFORTABLE and offers MORE ANR than the Bose headset. Actually it has more ANR than any other headset on the market. Also has MORE FEATURES...all for less money.

Buy the BRAND NAME LEADER (Bose) or the ANR LEADER (Lightspeed), your choice.

I had the QC2 and sold it. It was comfortable (but I don't like over the ear headsets, too sweaty in the summer), sounded great and was nice while airlining.

Now have the Lightspeed Mach1.

For me the deal breaker with the QC2 was how easy it is for the plug to back out of the headset and lose connection. Murphy's Law says that it will happen at the worst possible time and just add to cockpit confusion. It's a nice setup with one major safety flaw. The odds favor nothing bad happening, but I don't want to be the one who beats the odds.

Latest resources

Back