• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No Jumpseat at Virgin America?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No that started that when they showed how much they are willing to pay their piots. Plus the merit based, kiss our butts upgrade policy. Gotta love the whole $5 raise per year. What a great way to treat employees. Why would people work their? A slight step above scumbus but not much.

Once again, lies travel around the world twice before the truth makes it across town. I understand that people are entitled to their opinion (or is it there or they're -- just playing with you, Vixin) but that entitlement doesn't change opinion into fact. Everything Vixin states is grounds for another thread. As long as we are polite, I'll offer facts in other threads.

Once again, lies travel around the world twice before the truth makes it across town. I understand that people are entitled to their opinion (or is it there or they're -- just playing with you, Vixin) but that entitlement doesn't change opinion into fact. Everything Vixin states is grounds for another thread. As long as we are polite, I'll offer facts in other threads.

What lie? I thought everything Vixin he said was fact? If there are lies traveling around now is your chance to stop them.

No lies they are facts. Why would anyone go to work for those substandard wages? Those that do are pathetic. I made more as a Lear CA then VA captains. Atleast you have an appropriate screen name slavenaway. How ironic is that? Way to set the standard. And anyone who thinks RB isnt running that company is a fool.

Last edited:
What lie? I thought everything Vixin he said was fact? If there are lies traveling around now is your chance to stop them.

I'm getting an $11/hour increase when I start my 2nd year. Not $5. Also, you upgrade when your number comes up. Start another thread, stay focused and we can talk about it there. Anything else about jumpseats?

1 year upgrade? re-interview?

I'm getting an $11/hour increase when I start my 2nd year. Not $5. Also, you upgrade when your number comes up. Start another thread, stay focused and we can talk about it there. Anything else about jumpseats?

Since the topic came up regarding upgrades I think I'll chime in. Is it true that FOs are seat locked for one year and when they do upgrade they go to the bottom of the captain's list, even below those captains with a later hire date? Is it also true that once you number does come up for upgrade you have to "interview" again for the left seat position. This system is very much like some European and Asian carriers.

No lies they are facts. Why would anyone go to work for those substandard wages? Those that do are pathetic. I made more as a Lear CA then VA captains. Atleast you have an appropriate screen name slavenaway. How ironic is that? Way to set the standard. And anyone who thinks RB isnt running that company is a fool.

Vixin, if you like it or not, you are always welcome to jumpseat on VA. The spew you type makes me not want to offer everyone the information simply because it's difficult to share company with haters. I know you have a little more to offer than that. I'm just providing information so everyone knows what to expect when they walk up to the counter.

Since the topic came up regarding upgrades I think I'll chime in. Is it true that FOs are seat locked for one year and when they do upgrade they go to the bottom of the captain's list, even below those captains with a later hire date? Is it also true that once you number does come up for upgrade you have to "interview" again for the left seat position. This system is very much like some European and Asian carriers.

All of that is wrong. Sorry. Gosh, I didn't know there was this much inaccurate information floating around. It's no wonder VA gets bashed so much. If all this stuff was true VA would not be a good place to work.

Looks like there needs to be a whole bunch of new threads to be started and I'll do what I can to let you know what's right and wrong.

Slavenaway,

Wow, nice job staying on subject and not biting on the flame bait!

The problem is that, with many start-ups, there isn't much info out there. So people get half truths and rumor...then spin it some more and no one knows what's going on over there. Thanks for the first hand info.

I guess we will all find out in time wether it was a good place to go, or "thank the heavens" I didn't go. Time will tell.

way to stay professional

Latest resources

Back