No Jumpseat at Virgin America?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll answer what I can.
Odds are that if any of you guys get to talking to the CA and Guest Services agrees, you'll get on even without an agreement. As stated above, we are trying to get agreements with anyone who wants to ride on us.
Oh, here's something to know. The first class is for revenue only. No online or offlines JSers, no deadheaders, no company execs or VPs or anything like that.

The first class is for revenue only. No online or offlines JSers, no deadheaders, no company execs or VPs or anything like that.

That is a horrible policy. The top execs don't care because they still have first class travel (for life) on their previous airlines.

I guess that tells you what the company really thinks of you (as an employee) when they won't even let you ride in an OPEN "first class" seat.

That is a horrible policy. The top execs don't care because they still have first class travel (for life) on their previous airlines.

I guess that tells you what the company really thinks of you (as an employee) when they won't even let you ride in an OPEN "first class" seat.

Wow. Unbelievable. Maybe I'm done providing informaiton.

Wow. Unbelievable. Maybe I'm done providing informaiton.

I am just disappointed this is the direction our industry is headed. I had high hopes for Virgin America setting a high standard for the way it treats its people (even with their low pay).

Even airlines like NWA (With its "bad" reputation for the way it treats its employees), lets its non-union employees ride first class for free and union employees ride first class for a small fee (Domestic and International). And most airlines will go out of their way to let jumpseaters (online and offline) ride in first class if their is a seat open. I expected Virgin America to treat its people better.

I would understand if they said no uniformed employees. That would be logical. But the policy as it stands is a new low in this industry. If you don't think this is a new low, then name one other U.S. Airline that currently has such a policy.

Last edited:
I heard they dont have any internal travel priviledges set up yet for their own employees....which explains why the gate agents are sooo nasty....why should they let another airline pilot on their airplane when they cant fly themselves....also heard they have not let their dispatchers into CASS for this same reason...

I heard they dont have any internal travel priviledges set up yet for their own employees....which explains why the gate agents are sooo nasty....why should they let another airline pilot on their airplane when they cant fly themselves....also heard they have not let their dispatchers into CASS for this same reason...

I was always told growing up to believe none of what you heard and only about 1/2 of what you saw....

I am just disappointed this is the direction our industry is headed. I had high hopes for Virgin America setting a high standard for the way it treats its people (even with their low pay).

Even airlines like NWA (With its "bad" reputation for the way it treats its employees), lets its non-union employees ride first class for free and union employees ride first class for a small fee (Domestic and International). And most airlines will go out of their way to let jumpseaters (online and offline) ride in first class if their is a seat open. I expected Virgin America to treat its people better.

I would understand if they said no uniformed employees. That would be logical. But the policy as it stands is a new low in this industry. If you don't think this is a new low, then name one other U.S. Airline that currently has such a policy.

Keep your eye on the ball, please. This thread is about jumpseats and not about how good or bad companies treat their staff.

Latest resources

Back