• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NO JS to anti-ALPA types

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fine call it then, the jumpseat is union only.

Let the chips fall where they may. I will recommend that all union companies be removed from the approved list, and recommend each airline do the same!

Come on PCL, make it a battle, show the ALPA mettle!
Just say the jumpseat is union only, per ALPA, come on already, do it!

Come on PCL, make it a battle, show the ALPA mettle!
Just say the jumpseat is union only, per ALPA, come on already, do it!

Why would I do that? I don't speak for ALPA. I'm only an Inactive Status member now. I only speak for me.

I kind of like having someone in the jumpseat willing to discuss their opinion, especially if it disagrees with mine. I spend enough time already being bored on 5 hour flights without some suck-up trying to say whatever he thinks I want to hear. Bottom line, if your company is on my company's approved list, you ride. If you aren't on it, I'll still try my best to get you in the jumpseat unless there's a damn good reason not to. I'm not really interested in getting into some jumpseat pissing match that may cause some of my own coworkers to have problems getting their own rides.

You mean do each other a favor regardless of opinions?

I can dig it!

Yes, but it just shows what a clear and open minded view point can be.

Give a buddy a lift, if they're using the jumpseat request you already know that's not where they want to be, union or not.

P.S. Never have, never will, never can, deny a jumpseat. I've fudged so much fuel, bags, MTOW's for jumpseaters, it's kinda of my own SOP.

Don't take that literally..........

Last edited:
Are you kidding?

Look, I understand what intimidation is. Occam understands what intimidation is. Virgin, jetBlue, Skywest and AirTran pilots understand what intimidation is.

We all get it. Razor was advocating using the jumpseat as a political tool after some kind of litmus test, despite ALPA's policy to the contrary, until he got called on it, then he started backpeddling with, "I have to ask questions to see if they're impaired."

When ALPA pilots act like thugs, it doesn't endear the organization to those potential pilot groups considering membership.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back