• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No growth at SW until 2016 now

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Most of the discussion centers around a "career" choice he made ca. 1989, and the appropriateness of "celebrating" a "career" that includes that "choice" via the Kool Aid blog on SWALife.......

You can't treat a member differently because of that. If you're going to "celebrate" any members, you have to treat all of them equally. He joined and paid his dues. The rules are the rules.

You can't treat a member differently because of that. If you're going to "celebrate" any members, you have to treat all of them equally. He joined and paid his dues. The rules are the rules.

Ah no! He's a f'in SCAB. Dot. Choice made, consequences continue.......

Carry on.

The law doesn't view things the same way. Blame the GOP.

You can't treat a member differently because of that. If you're going to "celebrate" any members, you have to treat all of them equally.

Well, they've already treated him differently by "celebrating" his retirement in the first place, as it is not done, even for SW pilots.

He joined and paid his dues. The rules are the rules.

Yup.... Sad to say.

IMHO, they should be barred from the profession for life. It kills me that those self serving pricks are offered the same opportunities and occupying seats that folks that didn't make those "career" choices deserve. That, along with the PFT issue, was THE reason I never even considered applying to Valujet.

I could've scabbed at EAL too, but I actually respect myself and the profession too much to have even considered it.

Last edited:
Well, they've already treated him differently by "celebrating" his retirement in the first place, as it is not done, even for SW pilots.

Are you talking about something that happened on the SWA side for his retirement? I'm just talking about our side. We always do something for our retirees, as long as they're members in good standing. I think the MEC does a plaque, they send out a congratulatory email message, that sort of thing. They did it for MD, and they've done it for the rest, also.

Are you talking about something that happened on the SWA side for his retirement? I'm just talking about our side. We always do something for our retirees, as long as they're members in good standing. I think the MEC does a plaque, they send out a congratulatory email message, that sort of thing. They did it for MD, and they've done it for the rest, also.

There is a rah rah propaganda piece on SWALife featuring his retirement. It describes what a stellar human being he is, his awesome harmonica playing, how he led the "perfect" career and that we're sorry to see him retire. No mention of the not so imaginary line he crossed on 36th St. back in '89 though.

The irony is that one of "our" luminaries, a guy named Rod Jones, retired a few weeks ago with nary a peep on SWALife. If you're gonna feature a retiring pilot on SWALife, wouldn't you feature a 30+ year veteran who HAS led a stellar career and was highly thought of by both management and pilots alike, over a guy who doesn't even work for us, and never will, (not to mention the "other" issue).

The Kool Aid censors must be working overtime on the comments section, as several folks have attempted to surreptitiously mention the omitted fact and nobody's been able to get the message through, however well camouflaged with Kool Aid. ;)

Ahhh, gotcha. I never get on SWALife, so I had no idea. I can understand the frustration. And if they think that the harmonica playing is so awesome, they should try listening to it over and over again on a four day trip. I never flew with MD, but I did with our other harmonica player. Nice guy, but that thing can make you want to blow your brains out after the third or fourth leg.

Latest resources

Back