• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No furloughs at Delta!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Take a cold shower and get rid of your hard on for bald eagles and freedom and learn some real history.

You Sir are a DUMBASS!

It is because of people who have hard ons for BALD EAGLES and FREEDOM that you can open your mouth and talk like a DUMBASS.

Don't you ever forget it junior!

701EV

Delta is promising no furloughs due to the capacity reductions this fall!

How are they going to accomplish a 15% Intl reduction and a 10% domestic reduction without furloughs?

Easy, reduce their regional partners flying by 20%!

Comair,Skywest, ASA, etc and let them furlough instead!

Do you work for Delta? Where did you hear this? This seems like flamebait to me.

He is hoping it want be him! Regionals want be reduced. You have to have feed to put on the planes that are still flying. A Regional may be the best place to be right now!

You are right. Unfortunately the economy will be the least of our problems ahead. It's gonna get ugly.

And just what will be our greatest problem ahead, Kreskin? Enlighten me so I can prepare. Locusts? Drought? Do tell.

just remember: management lies whenever they open their mouths.

There will be furloughs at Delta, and one or two airlines will again go bankrupt. This is not a good time to be "the world's largest airline."

Maybe, maybe not. There will be DISPLACEMENTS, no doubt. But, when there are pilots displaced, there are also shortages due to pilots being in training. If that happens this Fall and into Winter, then our busy season next Spring and Summer will occur right when those in training will finish. If there were no displacements, and only plane parkings, then furloughs would result. Hauenstein is trying to align plane types to bases to find the right fit for revenue, and people will move around. I expect SILs (no work for the month and 55 hours of pay) and reduced ALVs (average line values), through the Winter until we start up Spring flying again in March. I doubt furloughs would occur, but I guess there is a slight chance. The cost of flushing out Compass and taking 6 seats out of 76 seat RJs also is factored in there.

As far as being the World's largest airline, that is not a bad thing due to our current economic standing. We have cut back on flying PROACTIVELY, and we are able to respond faster than most on putting the right plane on the right route (fleet flexibility). We have a good cash position, we are hedged well for 09 (61% at $1.99), and unfortunately we are more competitive due to lack of pension obligations that we lost in BK. Other airlines out there (like United and USAir) will have tougher times in the near future, due to debt payments being due (United) and employee strife issues (USAir). We will see how it all turns out. I am not saying DL is immune to all problems, but I am saying we are fairly well positioned to ride this out. (S&P just elevated us to a "buy" and thinks we will survive)

Bye Bye--General Lee

He is hoping it want be him! Regionals want be reduced. You have to have feed to put on the planes that are still flying. A Regional may be the best place to be right now!

With oil going back up? Ummm, no. Last time oil went up at Delta we got rid of 100 50 seaters. That was the only good thing about high oil IMO.

Bye Bye--General Lee

As far as being the World's largest airline, that is not a bad thing due to our current economic standing.

I Blow-Blow--General Lee[/QUOTE]

There is a long list of airlines which have previously held that title, and which are on the ropes now (or out of business....) What makes you so different? Africa? Maybe you can talk them into painting a lime-green sperm on the side of some planes to try and sell tickets-(oh, wait-been there, done that!)

-Maybe Steenland can help you out-I'm sure you will cme up with something... Just give "goatee-boy" a ring!

And just what will be our greatest problem ahead, Kreskin? Enlighten me so I can prepare. Locusts? Drought? Do tell.
Where have you been? Are you living under a rock? Idealists don't ever want to see the truth. Realists, however have their eyes open to the reality we all face. Let me guess, you believe there will me no war in the near future. Writing is on the wall.

Latest resources

Back