• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No comment on ASA PBS LOA yet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's Flica, a local (ATL) based system owned by a Delta pilot, and it's being promoted as an improved bidding system. Don't worry though, if ASA pilots vote it in, you SKYW weenies will get it too, thanks to the efforts of a union.

Skywest pilot *eyes squenched;fingers crossed*: "Please vote yes...Please vote yes"

Agree 100% With all the effort Skywest Inc has put into improving ASA I can't believe there are still pilots that believe the company is out to get us. Gentlemen, the BEST opportunity to increase your quality of life is growth. ASA best chance of doing that is reducing cost and increasing efficiency. Im not saying to vote in any PBS TA, but to at least give the thing a look with an open mind.

Naps have been eliminated and 4 days increased to reduce cost. PBS will help the company become tremendously more efficient and greatly increase our growth opportunity which will greatly increase our QOL.

Those of you complaining about 4 days and not being able to extend your vacation with PBS will have a lot more to complain about when you're ultimately on reserve, or worse, without a job due to being too costly. I sincerely hope most of you are just the vocal minority.

you say tremendously more efficient and reduce costs for growth. I just have one question for you. We negotiate our contracts with the overall cost of the airline. What precentage of a savings is PBS going to create on our OVERALL costs?

If Skywest cared about our wellbeing they would merge the two companies and grow us united. Instead we whipsaw eachother for growth.

Last edited:
Skywest pilot *eyes squenched;fingers crossed*: "Please vote yes...Please vote yes"

Honestly, if we vote this down, SkyWest will still get it.

That way they can talk on these boards about how great of a system that it is, and how big of an improvement it is over AOS.

Then during Section 6, we will get 75% of the work rules and benefits we got during this round, and will have no choice but to say yes.

It really is a great plan, from the company's perspective.

If you are an FO and voting yes on this TA I hope you like the stagnation. Growth may or may not come, I’m leaning toward not come. PBS isn’t going to change that. The one thing that is certain is that we will require about 10% less captains so it will be that much longer for upgrade and we would have to grow that much just to break even.

Anyone for that matter. We're all getting the feeling that we're trying to be sold something we don't need. So who's getting the "cornhusker kickback"?

I wish we were all getting the feeling but I've heard too many people that should be against this support it. The koolaid is good my friends.

If you are an FO and voting yes on this TA I hope you like the stagnation. Growth may or may not come, I’m leaning toward not come. PBS isn’t going to change that. The one thing that is certain is that we will require about 10% less captains so it will be that much longer for upgrade and we would have to grow that much just to break even.

Glad you crystal ball is tuned so well. You have no idea about what is coming down the road. No one really does. However, I assure you that without a pilot group willing to work with the company, we'll see no growth for sure. It will go to the more efficient group being SkyWest. You can't expect to be one of the highest paid in the regionals and not be flexible to achieve a cost competitive airline. Scott beats this drum so much, we basically ignore him. However, the facts are still the facts. Until we achieve one list, we will continue to compete against other lesser, crappier regional companies. The choice is, either stay flexible or wither on the vine. You folks that are decrying this measure really need to step outside your narrow field of view and look at what is really in your best interest especially if you plan and staying at ASA for a long period of time.

Glad you crystal ball is tuned so well. You have no idea about what is coming down the road. No one really does. However, I assure you that without a pilot group willing to work with the company, we'll see no growth for sure. It will go to the more efficient group being SkyWest. You can't expect to be one of the highest paid in the regionals and not be flexible to achieve a cost competitive airline. Scott beats this drum so much, we basically ignore him. However, the facts are still the facts. Until we achieve one list, we will continue to compete against other lesser, crappier regional companies. The choice is, either stay flexible or wither on the vine. You folks that are decrying this measure really need to step outside your narrow field of view and look at what is really in your best interest especially if you plan and staying at ASA for a long period of time.

yeah clearly the fight to the bottom is the best solution. It worked out for ever other airline right.

Latest resources

Back