• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No comment on ASA PBS LOA yet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is anyone else wondering why they (ALPA) so hell bent on pushing this through right now, before February? What do our union officials know that they aren't telling us? PBS provides nothing to the company until the company starts to grow, so why are they saying this. PBS was thought of very poorly by the association until recently, so what is the general pilot group not seeing here?

Probably b/c the company has wanted PBS for a long tx know and the union knew it. A provision of our current contract was that both sides would make efforts to move fwd w/ or do away w/ PBS. Thus the issue was not going away. The union knows that it would be more benefical to take care of this issue now rather than wait until we officially begin negotiations in a few months.

There is nothing good in the TA....

I cannot believe our union let this stinker get by.

Can you be more specific? I haven't seen the full TA yet and neither have you unless you are on the ALPA board.

What operating system is being used or the name of the program?

If it's AOS, run don't walk the other way.

The AOS system used at SkyWest is the absolute worse system there is, it was purchased because it was the cheapest one out there.

If you guys vote in a PBS system, and it's AOS, then you union sold you down the river.

I just hope the language is strong enough. For instance.
o Limit placed on the total number of four (4) day trips within a position to sixty-percent (60%).
o Trips will not be constructed to exceed four (4) days without consent of the Association

How about back-to-back 2-days or 2 and 3-days. How many loopholes are in this deal?

100% good points!

-You have imagine all the things which are NOT specially excluded in the agreement. Anything else, the company will absolutely try to get away with.

This whole agreement is nothing more than one major loophole, and a very easy way for SH to slide something into our collective a-hole.

-I'm sure it will pass-we have no shortage of idiots who think SH and BH are on our side. But it will not pass by virtue of MY VOTE-you can bet on that!

100% good points!

-You have imagine all the things which are NOT specially excluded in the agreement. Anything else, the company will absolutely try to get away with.

This whole agreement is nothing more than one major loophole, and a very easy way for SH to slide something into our collective a-hole.

-I'm sure it will pass-we have no shortage of idiots who think SH and BH are on our side. But it will not pass by virtue of MY VOTE-you can bet on that!

The idiotic thing to do is vote yea or nea on something you have never seen. All we have seen thus far are some of the highlights. If a rep was to ask you why you are voting no right now what would you say? Why don't you wait until the TA is published and come up with some questions to ask your reps. that will address the concerns you have?

You will only get back to back 2 days under 3 conditions:
1. you purposely bid them
2. you are too junior to hold any other combination.
3. you don't bid enough trips to construct a line.

This isn't a deal where the company can build lines with back to back 2 days and claim it meets the contract. You build your own line.

Do you and I build our own lines? Really? Or do we enter our preferences for what we would like and allow the company to build our lines for what ultimately suits them? This is exactly the example of poorly chosen words I am referring to.

I have to agree. There are too many loopholes. The company email that was sent out tonight was saying it's more efficient to have 80% 4 days. Now the new PBS language says 60%. Why not 60% now? Exactly! I will not be suckered into this. It's a "NO" vote for me.

I have to agree. There are too many loopholes. The company email that was sent out tonight was saying it's more efficient to have 80% 4 days. Now the new PBS language says 60%. Why not 60% now? Exactly! I will not be suckered into this. It's a "NO" vote for me.

Per the company right now,
"On average, 80 percent of the trips generated by the pairing tool are four-day trips."

Per the LOA, that is not in place yet,
Limit placed on the total number of four (4) day trips within a position to sixty-percent (60%).

Again, read the language for yourself and if you still don't like it or agree w/ it ask your rep. for clarification.

Yea...the timing of that email was quite fishy.

Latest resources

Back