• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJI Response/No Response

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not a lot of responses. I feel that there hasn't been a lot of info being passed from management. I heard that a lot of what is being said is wait and see. I figured that managment would at least address some of the bigger disparities in pay between the two groups. Wonder how long the guys at NJI will "wait and see?" NJI guys have been really quiet on this board. I have only seen a few posts from one or two guys total since that TA was signed.
Man Squonk, you just won't let that quote from WGFP48 die will you?

WGFP48 tried to start something on the "other" board with me. He got shot down and gave up there too.

Basically what i've seen so far the NJI guys have only "heard" while the NJA guys have it in writing.

We are both wait and see though.

I heard an interesting rumor that the 3 year deal was a grace period for the NJI Management to find their way out gracefully. Sounds logical to me because there would definately be a reduction in those positions if we merged. Seems like a way for RTS to be good to those that have worked for him to that point.

During this merger I believe all of the pilots on both sides would be safe be some managers would be looking for new jobs.

The Okatie Christmas (sorry) "Holiday" party is today. RTS is supposed to attend. Sounds like a perfect time to announce the NJI response to the TA. But they won't. And the troops will become more restless. And by January, an organizing committee will start to form. Most on the property never wanted a union but many are warming to the idea on two counts:

1. The wide disparity in pay between a current NJI Captain and NJA pay for the first Category 4 Captain when that person arrives in the spring;

2. The apparent inevitability (barring a sale) of a single carrier and the need to organize before that date to negotiate the best possible integration terms.

Icebergs are on the horizon and the bridge has ordered full speed ahead....

It is my expectation that tonight at 1830 at the South Carolina Yacht Club, Richard wll announce that he is matching NJA contract Gulfstream pay for all NJI pilots thereby eliminating the current dual tier pay system, that NJA first officers will be seat locked for three years and that NJA captains will fly second-in-command in NJI Gulfstreams for at least a year until they meet experience and insurance requirements.

GV

~

Last edited:
GVFlyer said:
It is my expectation that tonight at 1830 at the South Carolina Yacht Club, Richard wll announce that he is matching NJA contract Gulfstream pay for all NJI pilots thereby eliminating the current dual tier pay system, that NJA first officers will be seat locked for three years and that NJA captains will fly second-in-command in NJI Gulfstreams for at least a year until they meet experience and insurance requirements.

GV
Good guess, considering it's in the LOA:

Transferring NJA pilots awarded NJI Captain positions will be seat-locked at NJI for
four (4) years. Transferring NJA pilots awarded NJI FO positions will be seatlocked
at NJI for three (3) years.

Ultra Grump said:
Good guess, considering it's in the LOA:

Thanks. You guys haven't put me on distribution yet for your Letters of Agreement, TA's, contracts... anything! And I'm still waiting for my 1108 board sign-in.

What I meant to imply is that FO's would be seat locked at a somewhat onerous pay scale for that period of time.

GV

thanks Gutshot and Gv for posting. If you could, could you post if anything is said at the "Holiday" party? I am still trying to hash out if I want to apply or not. I know the company is great now, but I won't be able to come over for another couple of years. Anxious to see what transpires.

GV,

I would be very happy if you are correct. But let's just say I'm not holding my breath....

Latest resources

Back