NJI Response/No Response

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Spyguy

Has anyone heard anything from NJI concerning the management's response to the TA? It has been really quiet from those guys for awhile now. I figured that the management would at least raise some of their pay to equal the TA, or at least come close to it. Also, anyone heard how NJA/NJI was going to handle which pilots would fly with NJI from NJA? Just curious because it has been really quiet on the NJI side.

My neighbor is NJI and he even doesn't have much to say. He just wonders if they will be assimilated into NJ. He is hopping for a seat lock but who knows eh?

Any other NJI guys?

I had a nice chat with an NJI guys because i wanted to learn more about their work rules and decide if i am going to go over there. We were both open and frank but he said that they wouldn't tollerate any union thuggary and that coming over as an FO is fine as long as we did it their way. A captain would not be so welcome.

They have been pretty quiet though on this board though.

Diesel said:
A captain would not be so welcome.

Is that what he said? Interesting. Sounds like some non-union thuggary to me. Well, considering there are none on their seniority list senior to me, I very soon may find out what this means. To those at NJI, I look forward to working with you all. And to many of those, I look forward to working with you, again.

Last edited:
Diesel,

It will depend on who they fly with. For my part, I will welcome anyone who does the job and doesn't sport an attitude. By the by, the plan is for all who come over, Captain or F/O, to fly as SIC until their new "virtual seniority number" qualifies for a PIC position. They will be PAID NJA TA rates based on whether the NJA pilot filled a Captain slot or F/O slot per the Letter of Understanding.

As for the response from Okatie, it has been quiet and the troops are getting restless. Some say the 1108 may not even have to file the petition in three years.....

I highly doubt anyone would be foolish enough to sport an attitude. The extreme vast majority of NJA folks are laid back and very easy to get along with. Especially in the senior ranks, we have been around long enough to know what annoys fellow crewmembers...and that anytime you enter a new fleet, you are there to learn from those with more experience in the aircraft. Regardless of time with the company.
Just my two cents.

The only downside I see is for the current NJI guys. As with any merger seniority is everything. There are so few NJI guys there should be an easy and fair way to merge. Seat lock the Capts. and maybe a time in seat for the fo's. The protection of the additional 2000+ jobs at NJ should be reassuring enough for the NJI team. Who knows, maybe some of them are tired of the 9 hr legs and foreign destinations and would be stoked on a Citation X?

Add my two cents to flyfish and we're almost at a fifth of a dollar!!

Going2Baja said:
The only downside I see is for the current NJI guys. As with any merger seniority is everything. There are so few NJI guys there should be an easy and fair way to merge. Seat lock the Capts. and maybe a time in seat for the fo's.

There are also so few seats to move in to. Hey, times change. Straight DOH.

They sure have been a friendly bunch on the road lately. Not much to say about what the wizard said, but plenty of fence mending from what I can tell.

Gutshotdraw:

As for the response from Okatie, it has been quiet and the troops are getting restless. Some say the 1108 may not even have to file the petition in three years.....

I have talked to a few that have said the same thing.....

Latest resources

Back