• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJI Response/No Response

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WoooHooo 100% 7/7, more to come, stay posted!! From what I read in the LOA there is nothing to prevent NJI mgt. from keeping NJA pilots in the right seat until they have been there long enough to upgrade along with everyone else. It's just gonna cost a bunch more money. If the 1108 objects to this policy I suppose they could make some trouble however there is no LEGAL recourse that I can see.

There isn't an insurance company in the country that will allow a new NJA or for that matter anyone else to have the keys as PIC without meeting experience requirements and that will take a year or two to meet...so, no NJA pilot will come over as PIC right from the Git Go...just ain't gonna happen here or anywhere else...LOA or not! Sorry to burst your bubble...

Insurance policy? What are you talking about? BKH self insures NJ when it all comes down to it. There is no insurance policy except one arm of BKH saying, "Ok self. I am now insuring you."

On another note, the G ain't the end all beat all Dali Lamma of aeroplanes. It doesn't require an inordinant amount of effort or ability to pilot. It won't require any "time" in the right seat... nor will the LOU be allowed to be interpereted that way.

Think that if it makes you feel better though.

FL22
You can say what you say, but it will still be nearly a year before any NJA capt is PIC at NJI...maybe even longer...but since everything is about $$ , any capt who comes to NJI will be hurting his pay chances...he will make more to stay in the Falcon 2000 or whichever jet gets him the level 4 pay...so I really don't think that a senior NJA pilot will really make the move..unless he/she wants the additional type rating.

I can't believe anyone honestly thought they were coming over STRAIGHT into a PIC position. 4 Stripes, yes...captain pay, sure...G-IV type, no problem...but PIC right off the bat? Uhhhhhh....

I can answer affirmatively to what someone else wondered in an earlier reply. I AM happy at NJI regardless of what the guys at NJA are getting. I've always said I hoped they got everything they deserved. I must say that I'm even HAPPIER as we begin to hear more details about what'll happen at NJI in the next three years, however. It's all good, and we should all be happy (though of course, some on both sides never will be). As more NJI details emerge, though, I suspect there'll be some bitter pills at NJA; some people just won't be happy unless they think others are miserable. Oh well.

I have to admit i'm curious as to what you guys are hearing about what is going to happen at NJI in 3 years.

Because we have it in writing what is going to happen during the 3 years and the end of it.

I'm not bitter just enjoying the show from the sidelines.

Diesel said:
I have to admit i'm curious as to what you guys are hearing about what is going to happen at NJI in 3 years.

Because we have it in writing what is going to happen during the 3 years and the end of it.

I'm not bitter just enjoying the show from the sidelines.

Stay tuned. One thing is certain: communication within NJI has been a bit(!) lacking, but not without reason. That's why you see wide-ranging replies from NJI folks here. Nevertheless, we'll all get on the same sheet of music soon enough.

ibt1108 is writing the music...

Lounging in HPN today and heard that Bombardier sent over a Global to take RTS for a demo spin? Can this be confirmed? Looks like G v/s G?

To throw my .02 worth in, I would not expect an NJA bubba to go over and jump in the left seat at NJI. I would also not expect upgrade to take two to three years. I can see a happy medium between the two though. ANy thoughts.

Latest resources

Back