NJI Questions?????????????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nji...

I now have two friends at NJI... BOTH were rejected on the first interview process.... One has been there 4 years and the other 1 year. Both kept in touch with NJI. The one year pilot accepted a job at NJA and was hired off the street as a captain. After about 2 yrs, he was able to transfer to NJI... and thats pretty ironic as it looks like NJA will be infiltrating NJI and in 3 years (more or less) some kinda merger will take place, (per the new contract..if it passes).

If you have an interview with NJI dont give up if rejected.... keep plowing ahead. I have been told, we, at NJA have had several pilots jump the fence to NJI, although I personally only know of one.

NJA is hiring and will be hiring several hundred (400 to 500) over the next 12 months, talk to them about it. You can always turn 'em down if offered a slot.

163SS

Take the interview and do your best. 400XP doesn't know what he's writing about.

Three years after date of signing, IBT 1108 can petition the NMB for a single carrier declaration.

Santulli will fight it and it will take a minimum of 4 years from now before anything is settled. Even if single carrier is declared, IBT 1108 controls the integration and it must be in an "equitable" fashion. That won't be straight date of hire which would be the fairest, but it won't be staple either. "Gee, let's have 300 pissed off new members in our union right when we're trying to negotiate a new contract."

In the meantime, NJA pilots can come over 1 of three new captains on GIV ONLY and 1 of two new F/O's on GIV ONLY. Captains will be seat locked for FOUR years and F/O's for THREE years. Once you have a position in the Gulfstream, you cannot be displaced from the equipment even if someone senior to you wants the seat. If a seat isn't open, nobody gets it. That's the way it is now at NJA and that's the way it would be IF a merger occurs.

There is some other stuff in the side agreement regarding "virtual seniority numbers" and "retreat rights." Basically, anyone who gets to a GIV or GIV seat prior to a full merger will stay in that seat until the equipment goes away and then-and only then-will they have to re-bid and drop back to other equipment based on their new integrated seniority number.

I just got to throw in my 2 cents. Do you NJA guys really think that you are going to merge with NJI. Come on get real, these guys want no part of you, nor your union, and I am sure once the TA is ratified evenif it gets ratified they will make some changes to the NJI clause. Why would they want to be unionized with you guys. Do you really think that if they merge a ultra captain is going to be making G pay, I dont think so. At the end of the day that is the only reason you want the 2 companies together is because nji makes better pay and you want a piece of the pie. Dont blame you but, i am sorry you cant compare those twin cessnas and beechjunks to a GIV or GV. The NJI guys may not tell you this but that is the word in all the FBOs.

The situation is not "merging" with NJI at some point, but rather filing a single-carrier petition. That is contained in the proposed TA and the petition can filed 3 years after ratification.

And the idea wasn't to have "Ultra captains making G pay". The goal is to have scope protection for the union members. I think you can understand how important a good scope clause would be, just look at the mainline 121 pilots.

There's also a lot of history, too, behind the NJI situation that would best be addressed by someone with more time at NJA. Suffice it to say, the issue is far more complex than simply getting "G" pay.

It is all about the money, because from what i have read and heard the NJI guys want NO part of your UNION at all. I will bet anything that you guys never merge with them, they wont let it happen. Alot speaks for a company who does not have a union. It is obvious that they dont want it. Open your ears and eyes around flightinfo and the fbos and listen to the talk from them.

Learjet Pilot said:
I just got to throw in my 2 cents. Do you NJA guys really think that you are going to merge with NJI. Come on get real, these guys want no part of you, nor your union, and I am sure once the TA is ratified evenif it gets ratified they will make some changes to the NJI clause. Why would they want to be unionized with you guys. Do you really think that if they merge a ultra captain is going to be making G pay, I dont think so. At the end of the day that is the only reason you want the 2 companies together is because nji makes better pay and you want a piece of the pie. Dont blame you but, i am sorry you cant compare those twin cessnas and beechjunks to a GIV or GV. The NJI guys may not tell you this but that is the word in all the FBOs.

You can take your 2 cents back. You have no CLUE what you are talking about. The fact that they want no part of NJA is irrelevant. Once it its ratified, it CAN NOT be changed unless it is agreed by both parties. Don't think the union would agree to giving anything up. No, an Ultra captain will not make G pay, that is why there is a pay by catagory where weight and cabin size are the determining factors. At the end of the day, you show just how ignorant to this process you really are. The pilots at NJA really don't care what NJI tells us or doesn't tell us, why would we care what they tell you or anybody else in FBOs? Go do some homework, then we would be happy to take your 2 cents. :cool:

actually twin cessna driver i have done my homework. i have 5 buddies there and this is what they tell me. Take it however you want but what they told me changes are already going to and being made about the NJI clause because being part of your union is acceptable to them. This is what they told me. I dont think 5 different friends of mine would lie to me.

Learjet Pilot said:
actually twin cessna driver i have done my homework. i have 5 buddies there and this is what they tell me. Take it however you want but what they told me changes are already going to and being made about the NJI clause because being part of your union is acceptable to them. This is what they told me. I dont think 5 different friends of mine would lie to me.

And what is it you fly?? Do you think insulting my airplane in someway insults me?? How old are you again?? Anyway, you said "being part of your union is acceptable to them." Well, which is it? Acceptable or unacceptable? If they are sold or disolved prior to a "merger", who cares. I know I don't. I have my job. Now go play in an intersection or something because you obviously are disgruntled about something and choose to fail at trying to insult me. "YAWN". Grow up dude. Again, we don't care what your buddies or you think.

Latest resources

Back