Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

N163SS

Greetings All,

Just got a call from Kelly for an interview on NOV11.

1. Any interview gouge?

2. Which aircraft 4, 5, BBJ, do they offer you a specific aircraft or just what they need for the moment, or do they give you a choice?

3. Any NJI guys know Shane Eyer or Steve Thompson? How to contact?

4. I'm currently with DAL, 9 years, but looking to jump off the sinking ship before it's to late. I'm hoping to find something better, but after reading some of the posts here, it looks like it could be more of the same at NJI or is it just NJA? Any input or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Bob

Last edited:
Bob,
Congrats on the interview, I wish you well. I am an an NJA guy so I don't have any interview gouge for you. I can tell you a couple of things though:

1. The BBJ is an NJA aircraft. NJI only flys G-IVs, G-Vs and any derivative thereof.

2. Don't believe most of what you read on this board. I assure you that things are not nearly as bad as they sound at NJA, nor are relations between NJA and NJI pilots nearly as contentious as what they appear here in anonymous land.

If you dont want to jump from one sinking ship to another dont work for nji. Unless you want to be stapled to the bottom of the nja list in 3 years. Why not just get it over and send your resume to nja.

Wow....it did not take long for this tread to get sticky !!! If the three year thing really happens I think I would look elswhere and avoid the union. Not all of us need a union to look after our futures....got the nomex on and waiting for the flames (-_-).

N163SS said:
Greetings All,

Just got a call from Kelly for an interview on NOV11.

1. Any interview gouge?

2. Which aircraft 4, 5, BBJ, do they offer you a specific aircraft or just what they need for the moment, or do they give you a choice?

3. Any NJI guys know Shane Eyer or Steve Thompson? How to contact?

4. I'm currently with DAL, 9 years, but looking to jump off the sinking ship before it's to late. I'm hoping to find something better, but after reading some of the posts here, it looks like it could be more of the same at NJI or is it jsut NJA? Any input or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Bob

Good luck on your interview. I had a friend go through in the last 90 days. also former DAL and did not make the cut. Very sharp and great guy but did know anyone on the inside which apparently is worth a lot at NJI. PM me and I will see if I can put him in contact with you if you want to discuss the interview process. Also know a guy with all the Gulfstream ratings that did not make the cut either. Nothing is as it seems sometimes.

psysicx said:
I just don't see them typing someone in a Gulfstream and then putting them on a Beechjet.

They type people on the Falcon 2000 as FOs and they later bid the Beechjet or Ultra for command slots. I don't see much of a difference...

But that is taking 5 years so the investment is there. Even if they do, do you think somebody who was thinking he was going to fly a Gulfstream for 20 yrs and then gets sent to the right seat of a Beechjet is going to be happy? My bet says he will walk.

psysicx said:
But that is taking 5 years so the investment is there. Even if they do, do you think somebody who was thinking he was going to fly a Gulfstream for 20 yrs and then gets sent to the right seat of a Beechjet is going to be happy? My bet says he will walk.

The pay increase upon conversion to PIC will probably help with retention. Not all Gulfstream drivers would go to the Beechjet or Ultra. Who knows, some might wait and bid the Excel or G150 when it becomes available straight from the GWhizz. But why would you wait when you could make more as a PIC?

I presume some would bid the BBJ as FO just to get the type rating and then apply to Southwest...

Very nice!

It continues to amaze me how quickly the vultures who frequent this board will pounce on some fresh meat. I'll be happy to answer some questions for N163SS. I'll PM you. There are only a few people who know how they plan to have this whole thing play out. I'm not one of them. Guess what...nobody else that posts here is either! Pure speculation no matter how "connected" they claim to be. Time will tell.

Latest resources

Back