• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJI Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One LOA has to do with NJA to NJI transition from 2007, while both companies were separate. It was never meant to stay in place post integration. The second LOA has to do with pay protection for NJI pilots POST integration, and clearly states that the company will look back, on an individual basis, and true up any difference, regardless of your choice. It also clearly states no NJI pilot will see a reduction in pay as a result of integration. Unless you recieved additional pay under the table, location makes no difference.

Question

So when said junior G-IV PIC's fall off the airplane when the displacements start, are they going to be pay protected at their NJI PIC pay while they are holding down a SIC seat in the 40th percentile of any of the other fleets?

So when said junior G-IV PIC's fall off the airplane when the displacements start, are they going to be pay protected at their NJI PIC pay while they are holding down a SIC seat in the 40th percentile of any of the other fleets?

They are seat protected. No one will be downgraded as far as rank is concerned.

They are seat protected. No one will be downgraded as far as rank is concerned.
There is no language addressing the combination of integration and fleet disposal. Should be interesting to see how the union deals with it. There are many IV PICs junior to the most junior 400 PIC. If true displacements occur post-integration - i.e., most junior IV PIC is junior-manned out of the fleet, our CBA language dictates that they will be downgraded to an SIC position.

Thus the reason to upgrade every single NJI pilot that they could before integration.

NJI pilots, please do not confuse my dismay of our contract and our union leaders as hostility towards you. I am looking forward to us all being under one roof and operating together. The question is: who's best interest the union leadership has or had? I believe the answer is: their own. I guess it pays sometimes to be non union afterall.

All I expect is for the company and union to follow the contract and loa's, including the fence.

Now, for the next contract, I will lobby for the fences to be eliminated, in the interest of fairness to the entire nja pilot group.

I would also expect any pay negotiation to bring us all up to the level of the nji pilots, after all, the company by accepting that highest pay rate the company has already said that pay rate is fair, and we need to work our pay scale up from there.

(In addition, we need longer pay scales, it will take way more than 10 years to upgrade an fo to captain, but we will be capped soon.) Of course, I have pic's in the g4 who are junior to me, great for them, I don't expect to take their seat, but it upsets the principal of seniority.

i have had a standing upgrade bid posted in every available airplane since the first day I was given access to crewops. I am starting my 6th year with NetJets. I guess the 9 month upgrade time I was told in my interview was slightly inaccurate?

I would imaging many of the pic's will have the same issue, as they reach the end of the negotiated pay scale (which I believe is shorter in the small and mid size cabin fleets.)

Like the fence, it is something that has to be taken care of during the contract negotiation.

There is no language addressing the combination of integration and fleet disposal. Should be interesting to see how the union deals with it. There are many IV PICs junior to the most junior 400 PIC. If true displacements occur post-integration - i.e., most junior IV PIC is junior-manned out of the fleet, our CBA language dictates that they will be downgraded to an SIC position.

I just reread the loa, it says they will not have a reduction of pay as a result of the integration. Further more, it says the pay will continue until the pilot bids and is awarded another position. As long as a g4 pic does not bid an sic position, i can't see how the company could reduce their pay. I would guess they will get sic pay until the true-up occurs at he end of the year (saves the company interest.)

Of course, because they can't reduce these pilots pay, they may just decide it isn't worth it to downgrade them into sic slots, they may just displace them as Pics instead, where they would have the same pay as they had when nji existed.

If true displacements occur post-integration - i.e., most junior IV PIC is junior-manned out of the fleet, our CBA language dictates that they will be downgraded to an SIC position.

I believe the company can also offer a special bid open only to those pilots being displaced. Much like they just did for the BBJ pilots. Now... I wonder what aircraft a displaced GIV pilot might be of use to the company.... I'm thinking the GV.

True, they can offer a displacement bid from the 4 to the 5 after integration, and it will only be those in the fleet that is allowed to bid. Of course, anyone who did would lose the extra pay in my opinion, as it is a bid.

Now, if no one bids, the most junior pilots in that fleet can be forced to change planes, since they did not bid they would keep the pay provisions.

Of course, it's all theoretical until it happens. If I was coming over from nji I would make sure I had these issues clarified before bidding anything.

Oh, and for every pic position they offer, they must by contact displace an equal number of sic pilots. They do not have to go to the sane fleet however (The last ultra displacement sent pic's to the g200, and sic's to the da-2000.)

.... They do not have to go to the sane fleet however ....)

Meaning that all the others are insane...;) There are some people who think it's a crazy lifestyle frac pilots lead....:p

Seriously, I hope the transition goes smoothly for all involved. NJW

Latest resources

Back