Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fozzy said:
I hear Mesa is hiring.:eek:

I dont think they have ever stopped! What an outfit.

Hog,

I'm moving home to GSO, if those home grown veggies are within 2 hours driving time... save me some!:)

wolfpackpilot said:
Hog,

I'm moving home to GSO, if those home grown veggies are within 2 hours driving time... save me some!:)

A beer's on me when you get back in town... :beer:

Remember, Grasshopper home games on Thursday is "Thirsty Thursdays" .

Spyguy said:
Fair enough. But the mins weren't really the mins prior to this.

I'm with RTRHD; I wouldn't sweat it too much. I don't know about Navy, but I know AF doesn't log flight time like some companies want you to break it down. I'll PM you some things to consider.

comon zman we'd all love to hear the ways to massage a logbook to get that time? Lets hear it.

Spyguy said:
Until then I will be providing you the freedoms to screw over my future career choices.
Adios.

OH.. that's YOU that's providing us that freedom at 1108?? Geez, I didn't realize you were keeping us all free all by yourself. I guess that the 8 years I put in in the Army and the countless years many of the brothers of 1108 put in don't count! Suck it up. If you haven't realize it yet, timing is everything in aviation. There are thousands of stories about how pilots got "screwed" by the system or bad timing. I'll bring the WHINE to the cheese party.

Spyguy,

There are a lot of guys with significant time in the military at IBT1108. A pretty good percentage of them are either still serving in the Guard/Reserve or are retired like myself. While I truly appreciate your service, I wonder how Teamsters Local 1108 requiring NetJets, Inc. to live up to it's obligation to not change the hiring status quo during the three year LOA period has anything to do with your service? You don't meet the published minimums. Deal with it.

I missed a number of great opportunities during my service but those were decisions I made. I never tried to blame someone else for my lack of time or timing to make a potential job work out. Time to suck it up and move on.

Besides, you really don't want to end up on the bottom of a very large seniority list with all those NJI guys. :D

Grizz said:
Spyguy,

There are a lot of guys with significant time in the military at IBT1108. A pretty good percentage of them are either still serving in the Guard/Reserve or are retired like myself. While I truly appreciate your service, I wonder how Teamsters Local 1108 requiring NetJets, Inc. to live up to it's obligation to not change the hiring status quo during the three year LOA period has anything to do with your service? You don't meet the published minimums. Deal with it.

I missed a number of great opportunities during my service but those were decisions I made. I never tried to blame someone else for my lack of time or timing to make a potential job work out. Time to suck it up and move on.

Besides, you really don't want to end up on the bottom of a very large seniority list with all those NJI guys. :D

"O" so now thats how this is going. Thanks for the heads up Grizz. Now I can sport the proper attitude on the road,I thought we were being civil.

Last edited:
Grizz said:
Spyguy,

Besides, you really don't want to end up on the bottom of a very large seniority list with all those NJI guys.

There you go, banking on the Wish Fairy again.

GV

So, you are saying that pilots have been hired at NJI with less than the stated mins before. If that is the case then I'm sure the owners would be very interested in that little piece of information. I wonder what owner contracts state about pilot qualifications? Now let's talk about the pilots that applied to NJI in the past and were turned down because they were under the mins but didn't have a naval aviator to grease up the backside. That sounds like a potential hiring practices investigation by the labor department.

Thanks for your service, but don't get on here with a "holier than thou" attitude slamming an organization of pilots, for pilots, and run by pilots. You might feel a little better slamming 1108, but you did a disservice to your fellow service men by what you posted. I don't expect you to understand, and can't wait the follow-up post.

To qualify as a NetJets International pilot candidate, you must have the following prerequisites:

• Airline Transport Pilot Certificate (Multi-Engine Land)
  • Current FAA First Class Medical certificate
  • 5000 hours total pilot time
  • 500 Gulfstream hours (preferred)
  • Gulfstream type rating (preferred)
  • Crewmembers must live in the Continental US and within 1 hour of an airport with scheduled airline service

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back