• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJI Gulfstream pilot hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No matter how you break it down...Military guys need to remember that they are no longer in the military....you are now in the civilian world and you need to start thinking like commercial pilots. Somewthines the "mission" cannot be completed!!!!!!!

The past few tour I have encountered too many former miltary pilots who think they are still wearing green. Follow your contract guys and gals!!!!

Stop falling on your sword!!!!!!! You are worth more than that!!!!!

DO-82 driver said:
No matter how you break it down...Military guys need to remember that they are no longer in the military....you are now in the civilian world and you need to start thinking like commercial pilots. Somewthines the "mission" cannot be completed!!!!!!!

The past few tour I have encountered too many former miltary pilots who think they are still wearing green. Follow your contract guys and gals!!!!

Stop falling on your sword!!!!!!! You are worth more than that!!!!!

Ummm, okaaay. That has to do with flight time how? Plus I think what you said is a bit of an insult to civilian pilots: they don't want to try to make the "mission" happen? Or maybe an insult to military pilots: they're too dumb to know when a "mission" can't be completed?

In spite of the goofiness of your comment, I agree with you to a point. I'll bend over backwards to make a trip happen (I guess that's the military, not the "commercial" pilot in me), but not outside of what the rules/safety allow (that would be the smart, not dumb, military pilot in me). The contract? Well, we don't need no stinkin' contract to tell us what's smart or not. We use a little thing called "judgement," which is what I think the guys you've been running into your last few tours were employing. Good for them!

DO-82 driver said:
you are now in the civilian world and you need to start thinking like commercial pilots. Somewthines the "mission" cannot be completed!!!

Spoken like the true bleeding heart liberal unionist you are. Your one more ignorant little fella, but I'll give you one thing; you stick to your guns.

On another note:

I love Military pilots, they're either a blast to fly and hang out with, or they're the butt of all jokes in the company... we have both. My retired AF sim partner had the best line ever, anyone who decodes this gets a snickers!

"Slap me 30, and give me leg"

wolfpackpilot said:
On another note:

I love Military pilots, they're either a blast to fly and hang out with, or they're the butt of all jokes in the company... we have both. My retired AF sim partner had the best line ever, anyone who decodes this gets a snickers!

"Slap me 30, and give me leg"

How true, you are right we have both, being ex-AF myself, I have flown with both, and the butt heads are real butt heads

As for the decode, "Flaps 30, Gear down?"

batsky2000 said:
As for the decode, "Flaps 30, Gear down?"

Folks we have a BINGO... hold your cards!

I guess you had to be there, but this guy was from Alabamie with a good old southern accent like mine, and when he said that I dang near lost it. He flew Tankers in the AF, so he wasnt your typical Militard pilot!:blush:

Snickers is in the mail... hope it doesnt melt!

Not quite as obtuse as yours Wolf, but a favorite of mine from an old AF LtCol was "put the casins' in the wind". Being another old southerner, I just wish I could convey his tempo while saying it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back