NJI Gulfstream pilot hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hogprint said:
What was the word on the Pres or VP that "resigned"?

Hog,

Hope your doing well, haven't heard anything from you in a spell. I've been keeping my ears to the wall, and I haven't heard a single thing. But I'm also just another lowly gear slinging cabin boy who’s waiting for his Ultra books to show up in the mail:bomb:

(I couldn’t resist; it’s been kind of slow around here).

Wolfpackpilot (who doesnt have a Basketball Coach!)

wolfpackpilot said:
Hog,

Hope your doing well, haven't heard anything from you in a spell. I've been keeping my ears to the wall, and I haven't heard a single thing. But I'm also just another lowly gear slinging cabin boy who’s waiting for his Ultra books to show up in the mail:bomb:

(I couldn’t resist; it’s been kind of slow around here).

Wolfpackpilot (who doesnt have a Basketball Coach!)

Wolf, everything going well, just have spring fever and have been planting my tomatoes, peppers and peas. Haven't had a chance to catch up on the latest rumors! I got ya covered on the Ultra gouge! You could learn that thing in a day!

I was hoping Lavin was going to come to NCSU. He is high profile and would give the program a shot in the arm. I heard he backed out though. I liked Sendek (sp?), but he never could get them over the hump. The problem now is they are missing out on this years recruiting. It will take three to four years to recover from that.

I just heard that the wonderful Teamsters are stirring the pot again. It seems that they now care about the hiring practises of NJI. It seems that they are filing a grievance everytime NJI hires someone with hours below their published numbers (5000 total time). Now I am not a lawyer, but how can an union at a "different" company file grievances on the hiring processes of a seperate company?
Well, it looks like it will be one more tour for me in the navy, or maybe trying JB or SW. I must say, thank you from the bottom of my heart to all 1108 for f*ing up a good thing. Sorry moderators I usually don't semi cuss on here. I felt before and now I really feel that you guys of the 1108 are just a bunch of greedy whiny babies. Maybe someday I can repay the favor. Until then I will be providing you the freedoms to screw over my future career choices.
Adios.

Spyguy said:
Now I am not a lawyer, but how can an union at a "different" company file grievances on the hiring processes of a seperate company?
Just maybe, it really IS the same company. IBT 1108 is interested in the hiring practices over at NJI because of the LOA.

Enjoy another year in the Navy, squid.

Last edited:
I understand the different company arguement between NJA/NJI. What I don't see is why NJI would give two poops over the union at NJA. As of right now they are two "seperate" companies until the NMB.
The LOA concerns how many NJA guys fly for NJI per so many new hirees and new captains at NJI. Not sure as to why NJA would care about who gets hired at NJI. The more hired, the more NJA guys head to NJI.

Ok, just so I'm not confused Spyguy ...

Are you saying NJI didn't hire you because you have less than their published minimums? And you were told the reason was 1108 would file a grievance if they did?

No, I have a friend who has worked there basically since they started. The "plan" was to interview soon. Basically, before this you could get hired below their published mins, now, they are putting out that they can't touch anyone below mins period because of the 1108 grievances.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back