Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

GULF5DRIVER

It is what it is
Anyone know what the future at NJI holds for new hire G-IV/V pilots? Rumours abound that they'll be sent to the back of the line as far as pay and upgrade opportunity.

Thanks for the sarcasm. Allow me to rephrase...
What I was looking for was how the rumoured NJA contracts will affect new hire NJI G-IV guys if at all.

"I don't have much of an appetite....thank you..."

If you are not already flying for NJA it only means there will be fewer new hires from the "outside." If you are hired, you'll start in the IV as an FO and work your way up from there.
As far as starting pay and work rules, you'll need to find someone over there to ask.

Part of the union contract at NJA is that in a couple of years the local 1108 will be able to file a single carrier application, which would put both groups together if sucessful. Nobody knows if it will pass or not, and if it does, no one knows how the seniority lists will merge. Something to consider.

Latest info for the rest of this year: 1 G-550 delivery. 2 G-450 deliveries. 25 pilot positions to be filled the rest of this year. 10 will filled by current NJA seniority list pilots who bid for them according to IBT 1108 procedure as per the LOU. 5 of those position being filled as we speak, er, write (three off the street, two from NJA for the mathmatically challenged).

Chairman and interim division President maintain there will be no change in the union status or culture of NJI now or ever (We report, you decide).

I just looked it up, the union is prohibited from petitioning for single carrier status 3 years from the date of ratification (it was ratified Nov. 2005.)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back