Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No on the Leather...

No on the ties... either one of them.

No on the Blazers... either one of them.

No on black rebook tennis shoes (yes, I saw it with my own two eyes)

No on sweaters.

No on stickers all over your suitcase

No on baseball caps

=================================================

Yes on a Brooks Brothers 1818 Birdseye suit, custom fitted and tailored.

Yes on a pair of Clarks or other suitable leather dress shoe.

Yes on shaving

Yes on hair cuts

Yes on loosing weight and looking respectable

Yes on clean white shirts without the yellow pit stains

Happy to leave the stupid looking airline jacket at home in the closet. :cool:

I'm assuming by "airline jacket" you're referring to the blazer with the stripes on it...

The leather jacket isn't replacing the blazer. It's an alternate option in place of the trench coat.

Ummm, I'm pretty sure you don't wear a leather jacket over a blazer.

I'm not sure why style matters so much to some of you. It's a WORK outfit. If you dislike it, don't wear any of it at home.

Not sure why some call the LP trench coats "child molester" or "flasher" coats. I know I know. Tongue in cheek. Nevertheless, I've never even been given a suspicious sideways glance by anyone ever because I walked into an FBO/store/restaurant/wherever while wearing the LP coat.

I will be sticking with the LP trench. I find it to be nicely warm in winter, and very waterproof for anytime it's raining. I own a couple leather jackets, and while it will do a (barely) adequate job at keeping me warm in cold weather, it doesn't really protect anything lower than my waist. The LP trench does a pretty good job of keeping most of me snug in the cold.

Going back to style, eh, I don't think it's going to matter. I've seen plenty of our pilots who wear the current uniform in such a way as to make it look really bad (or worse, if you're of the mindset that it already looks bad). If you wear the leather jacket, and gigantic pilot Raybans, with slicked back hair, and a DEMEANOR that is 'cowboyish' or unprofessional, then it will be. If you wear it in a more conservative way (fill in your own definition of 'conservative') and ACT like a professional pilot, I doubt anyone will care what outerwear we have on. Besides, it's only on for a very brief period around the owners. I'm assuming everyone takes off their winter outerwear duds once onboard?

Having said all that, and that I'll be sticking with the LP trench, I'm very happy to see we have an option for those that prefer it.

Are we being offered them at a discount from a luxury provider in order to market them to our owners?

Is my uniform allowance now gonna be reduced in half against my will for ANOTHER two years?

ps, it's LOSE weight for all you professionals.

Might be fairly close to the truth though.

Sorry, but if I get recalled you won't find one in my closet. The flasher trenchcoat is bad enough, but leather jackets are for motorcycles.

If these guys are worried about leather jackets with nearly 500 of its "brothers" on the street you won't have to worry about recalls. How much was just spent on the italian designer coats? The more things change the more they stay the same. sad.

If these guys are worried about leather jackets with nearly 500 of its "brothers" on the street you won't have to worry about recalls. How much was just spent on the italian designer coats? The more things change the more they stay the same. sad.

Not sure I'm understanding you. Because we have furloughed pilots it's against the rules to discuss anything else? Everytime a Netjets pilot talks about anything work-related it absolutely HAS to involve something about the furloughed pilots?

I don't think anyone is "worried" about the leather jackets. It's a change. People talk about change. The pros. The cons. Whatever. Has no bearing on the furloughed pilots one way or the other. Why is that sad?

Barnyard: The jackets are optional. Take em or leave em. If you take it, you will pay only part of the cost out of your uniform allowance. Not sure how much yet. If you don't want it, you'll have your full allowance to get whatever other uniform items you need. Hope that helps.

Not sure I'm understanding you. Because we have furloughed pilots it's against the rules to discuss anything else? Everytime a Netjets pilot talks about anything work-related it absolutely HAS to involve something about the furloughed pilots?

I don't think anyone is "worried" about the leather jackets. It's a change. People talk about change. The pros. The cons. Whatever. Has no bearing on the furloughed pilots one way or the other. Why is that sad?

Barnyard: The jackets are optional. Take em or leave em. If you take it, you will pay only part of the cost out of your uniform allowance. Not sure how much yet. If you don't want it, you'll have your full allowance to get whatever other uniform items you need. Hope that helps.

whatever, stay warm in your new jacket.....

Latest resources

Back