• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA Uniform Change

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In light of what's going down, how many of you guys are gonna be proud to wear that pay off leather jacket now ??

In light of what's going down, how many of you guys are gonna be proud to wear that pay off leather jacket now ??

And what, praytell, is "going down?"

PM me if necessary. Our info pipeline over here isn't very good.

You know when you get a new leather jacket ... you need to break it in with your "colors".

Lay it out on the road and have the gang run their harley tires over it. We get Gulfstream tires run over ours instead.

And what, praytell, is "going down?"

PM me if necessary. Our info pipeline over here isn't very good.

Tried to send you a PM but apparently you have it turned off.

"gutshotdraw has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."

NJAOwner I appreciate the honest evaluation but this has always been an internal disagreement between the blue jeans/golf shirt vocal minority and the regular uniform bunch. (They even think a short sleeve white shirt is businesswear.) The blue jean bunch will be happy with nothing but the leather jacket and whatever other casual wear they can talk the company into. Safety issues with the long coat have always just been a smokescreen. Rumor has it at the union meeting this week the discussion about the new leather jacket was met with a ho hum rather than the standing ovation folks had been led to believe would be forthcoming. PM me for more on this issue.

Well count me in on the polo and slacks crowd. Seems to work for the rest of the corporate world. I just don't see the need nor have the desire to dress like the Love Boat captain. Remember, WE'RE NOT AIRLINE PILOTS! So let's quite dressing like it.

Well count me in on the polo and slacks crowd. Seems to work for the rest of the corporate world. I just don't see the need nor have the desire to dress like the Love Boat captain. Remember, WE'RE NOT AIRLINE PILOTS! So let's quit dressing like it.

Ding! WWCD*

*Winner, winner Chicken dinner.

Well count me in on the polo and slacks crowd. Seems to work for the rest of the corporate world. I just don't see the need nor have the desire to dress like the Love Boat captain. Remember, WE'RE NOT AIRLINE PILOTS! So let's quite dressing like it.
Hundreds of airplanes, thousands of pilots, training / standardization dept, central dispatch, uniforms, unions, furloughed pilots, hard headed mgmt = airline.

Sorry my friend, ours is just an unscheduled one that flies little jets and takes good care of the clients.

If there is one (actually more) things I as a corporate pilot have always thought about the NetJets guys is that they looked very sharp and professional in their uniforms. Our pilots fly customers mostly and execs on occasion and we wear suits, white shirts and ties. If we were flying just Mr. Big and said to wear a thong that would be fine with me. It is all about expectations and our dress is what most customers would expect from a professional pilot that they know nothing about. I know the line about the dress does not make you a better pilot but it's a good start when I show up in the corporate whiz bang jet. Sorry no leather "top gun leather " jackets for me...cheers to all.

Latest resources

Back