NJA Phone interviews scheduled for AUG-OCT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Lucky,

When did you get this email? After an initial application submission? Just curious....if you want to share its cool....if not , also cool. Sorry to hear it didnt work out.

Thanks

I received it this morning and yes it was after the initial application. I understand that there are a lot of changes going on and that things take time. I know guys who waited nearly a year to get a class date. So I didn't expect much to happen quickly. Receiving the e-mail was honestly a shock! Who knows...maybe I used the wrong color ink for that day.

There was no mention of a time line to reapply or if I even could. Think it would be alright to apply again right away?

How much time did the interview take? What kinda ?'s ....Anything catch you off guard? 6 months will come fast, dont worry guys. Take care

Honestly, I dont know the answer to that question.

I would guess 6 months and try again, however its hard to tell. This type of email sounds new, I think they used to send out letters saying ' no thanks ' .

It would be a shock to me too. Sorry to hear it.

I am waiting on a re-apply and am ready for whatever the response may be.

I know this may not make you feel better, but at least they told you.....I too would rather get a phone or interview invite, but I would also rather know if they were finished with me altogether....and just move on.

But I dont think its over for you...maybe 6 months at the least.

Last edited:
Don't feel so bad,

I was turned down before I even got a phone interview. Internal LOR, way over the mins, probably because they think I will go back to my legacy after being furloughed for a second time, NOT. I can always reapply I suppose.

Don't feel so bad,

I was turned down before I even got a phone interview. Internal LOR, way over the mins, probably because they think I will go back to my legacy after being furloughed for a second time, NOT. I can always reapply I suppose.

I was kind of thinking the same thing. I currently fly the 757 for 121 outfit. It's not a main line gig like most airlines. We actually have high end contracts. So maybe it's a 121 or big airplane kind of thing.

I'll apply again and again, sooner or later they'll let me in the door.

Hey Guys...Sorry to hear the bad news. I don't know if it's the 121 gig or not, however as you can see I have a 121 gig with 3 different boeing types and I interviewed (phone) and have been waiting for about 5 weeks now and still no word good or bad. So there is still hope, no news is good news I guess. Best of luck.

I did the phone interview yesterday with kelley. Most questions were already posted. The only one that wasn't was "How would you describe your leadership style?"

I got the email for phone interview aprox 3 weeks after submitting my app. No internal Recs, just over the mins as far as Total Pilot. I have 1300 as a military FE so I don't know if that helped or not. Current 121 Regianl FO.

She told me 4-5 Weeks before I know anything. I am hopin and a prayin for some good news.

Does anyone know how the recruiters make the decision on whether or not you make it through the phone interview? Do they write down everything you say and discuss it later or does the person you talk with make the decision immediately after you hang up?

Just wondering why some people get the rejection letter after one week while others get it after two or three weeks. I’m trying to figure out if they take some time and consider what you said or if they know right away that you are not going to make it.

Latest resources

Back