• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA orders 50 Phenom 300s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How the heck did you run out of TKS fluid???

I agree though- they could have at least upgraded the pressure control unit.

NJA has the big tank for fluid. I think it's about 102 minutes max, depending upon how long you use the high rate. Flew from LGA to Cleveland Lakefront and back, with icing along much of the route. None to be found in Cleveland, believe it or not. Got the low light on final into LGA. Not a comfortable place to be.

Although a rare event, the engines have been upgraded numerous times since that wing was designed, and several upgrades ago the jet could have handled a hot wing. You can only continue using old technology for so long before buyers will shop elsewhere.

<<<< NJA has the big tank for fluid. I think it's about 102 minutes max, depending upon how long you use the high rate. >>>>

I had to check my old Hawker notes to confirm my fading memory, but 10 gals = 108 mins for the TKS. Yep, depending on availability (we carry some non-HAZ spare containers just in case now), that tank could run down slowly but surely! Stepped climb out of Moscow in winter, let-down into Innsbruck, 2 missed approaches (it seemed like a loooooong climb-out back up the valley), then divert to Friedrichshafen, low light on climb-out for the diversion....... :eek:

Going slightly off-thread, but did part of my training on the RAF's Dominie (military "H800") that had Viper 301 engines. Supposedly, the current H800 engine fuel burn to TOC equates to what the Dominie burns to about 1000 ft!! As for the initial production versions of the Hawker, well, no wonder they had to use TKS instead of hot wing, with only 3000-3100 lbs of thrust!! It's about 50% more for the 800XP.

This could save on delivery flights to Europe - d@mn!! :(

From AIN:

Embraer announced that the European Union has formally approved the company’s proposed $64.7 million manufacturing complex in Évora, Portugal. The company broke ground in July 2009.

“This announcement is faithful to Embraer’s practices where all regional development projects have to be formally and properly approved. We’ve been waiting for the European Union to give us its final okay,” Luiz Fuchs, president of Embraer Aviation Europe, told AIN.

The 330,000-sq-ft facility, which is dedicated to manufacturing complex airframe structures and components in composite materials, is scheduled to be completed by the end of next year. “The construction of the second unit, dedicated to the production of metallic airframe structures, will begin shortly.

Meanwhile, we are progressing with the selection of suppliers,” he said. According to Fuchs, Embraer studied its globalization process and identified Portugal as the country offering the best resources in terms of developing the aeronautical cluster.

“The historical connection between the two countries was an important factor,” he said.

Latest resources

Back