• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Nja/nji

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The day that never ended for me was a 12hr GV flight from Gold Coast Australia- Bangalore India crew swap, run to the terminal and airline threw Heathrow to ORD then to IAH. That was 25hrs flight time of just air lining. I forget why we needed to get back so bad. :bawling:

B
At least, until we start racking hourly overtime for those marathon days...:beer:

Hmm ... hourly overtime kicks in at 12 ... 12+25=37 hours. 37-12=25 hours of o/t @ around $80 per hour for a 5 year captain. If the merger happens, I think the NJI guys and girls are going to like that part of the contract ...:)

FWIW - my longest airline, in a previous life, was Beijing to Sydney, 8 hours in Sydney, airline to Heathrow, ground to Gatwick, airline to Stockholm. Almost 48 hours ...

We won't be coming to CMH for company indoc since NJI will continue to operate as a separate company, with a separate operations center, a separate operating certificate, and yes, some different company policies. The only difference after the "merger" is that the entire pilot group will be represented by NJASAP and the collective bargaining agreement (and applicable LOA's)./QUOTE]

OK, can you please tell me where you're getting your information from? I know you're a smart guy. You passed a Gulfstream type ride so you have to have SOME brains!:D Nonetheless, I don't quite think you know what "single carrier" means. If you think the only thing that will change is that you will now be part of a Union, you're in for a rude awakening. No, I don't know how the specifics will pan out but I can tell you that IF the two entities were to join in recognition of a "single carrier", then we won't be operating as two separate companies. Please keep that in mind while you're typing away trying to explain to me how it's going to be.

I bet that part of it does not happen. A different work rules scenario. But we will see.

Why would it not happen? Our pilots doing this type of duty are in fact making this overtime.

The day that never ended for me was a 12hr GV flight from Gold Coast Australia- Bangalore India crew swap, run to the terminal and airline threw Heathrow to ORD then to IAH. That was 25hrs flight time of just air lining. I forget why we needed to get back so bad. :bawling:

No, hang on. These guys are right. That would NEVER happen here at NJA. The day would have been over CONTRACTUALLY at the end of your 12 hour G-V flight. After a mandatory 10 hours of rest, they then would have had another 14 hours to get me as far as they could. Regardless of how much airlining there is, we don't work for free.

We don't:

Work for free before 8 am on out first day.

Work for free after the 9th hour of duty on our first day if we started before 8 am.

Work for free after the 12th hour of duty after the first day.

Work for free after the midnight point on our last scheduled day.

These rules apply to ALL of our airplanes.

Why would it not happen? Our pilots doing this type of duty are in fact making this overtime.

I am not saying they are not getting the OT, I am sure they our. But there are several benefits in having another operating certificate. There are ways to make both sides happy without doing single carrier. This is just my hypothesis. (had to use spell check on that one) But I bet we will have different operating rules, again I know nothing just typing. :cartman:

No, hang on. These guys are right. That would NEVER happen here at NJA. The day would have been over CONTRACTUALLY at the end of your 12 hour G-V flight. After a mandatory 10 hours of rest, they then would have had another 14 hours to get me as far as they could. Regardless of how much airlining there is, we don't work for free.

We don't:

Work for free before 8 am on out first day.

Work for free after the 9th hour of duty on our first day if we started before 8 am.

Work for free after the 12th hour of duty after the first day.

Work for free after the midnight point on our last scheduled day.

These rules apply to ALL of our airplanes.

You just made my point!!!!!

RTRHD, my point is that a duty day like the one you described will never happen here once the two sides join. I'm not sure what part of this you're not getting but "single carrier" is coming and it's probably coming faster than you think. Your theory of the two sides joining, but not, is wrong. Single carrier means just that.

I'm sorry to be this blunt about it but the bottom line is NJI will no longer exist after the two sides join. This isn't a deal where NJI has a choice on what rules they get to keep and which ones they don't want. Look up our current CBA and those will be the rules that YOU'LL be working under in the near future. Sorry to come across this way but you're looking at this integration totally wrong.

RTRHD, my point is that a duty day like the one you described will never happen here once the two sides join.
Actually, I'm sure an A-Teamer would have no problem getting a duty day like he described. All he would have to do is volunteer to go past 14 hrs. As long as he's not operating an aircraft, he would still get the OT. I can foresee a LOT of that happening with the "I" guys after the integration.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back