Nja/nji

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry man, gotta say it: it is "intents and purposes."
I should have used quotation marks around intensive or something. You are right that it is "Intents and purposes", at least usually or commonly.

If the flying thing doesn't work out you could always be a grade school grammar teacher. :laugh:

Have you guys seen any NJI FOs bid over to NJA on the Captain side (i.e., GIVSP FO bidding Ultra Capt)? Has that happened yet?

What percentage of NJI FOs will likely stay in the Gulfstream fleet and not jump over to other fleet types? Instead, would those FOs want to move from the GIVSPs to the G450, G550 etc. on the FO side?

Lastly, will NJA pilots be able to bid directly into the G450 and skip the GIVSPs if they have the required seniority or would they go to the GIVSPs first? I would assume they could bid whatever they want if they have the required seniority - right?

The way it stands right now, you have to be at NJA for two years prior to even putting in a bid for NJI and then you must start by going to the GIV as FO to start. I could be wrong but that is how it was explained to me. I will defer to someone with more expertise.

Have you guys seen any NJI FOs bid over to NJA on the Captain side (i.e., GIVSP FO bidding Ultra Capt)? Has that happened yet?

There's no provision that allows that. There's a letter of agreement allowing NJA guys to go over to NJI, but not the other way around. An NJA guy keeps his seniority and has retreat rights back to NJA after his lock is up, bur a straight NJI guy cannot do that.

Hopefully that will all be a moot point soon.

Lastly, will NJA pilots be able to bid directly into the G450 and skip the GIVSPs if they have the required seniority or would they go to the GIVSPs first? I would assume they could bid whatever they want if they have the required seniority - right?

No. The LOA specifically requires all positions in the other Gulfstreams to be filled from pilots who are already in the G-IV. If the company chooses to accept the terms of the LOA and integrate under its terms, then this will still be the case. Seniority will dictate which seat you'll go into, but the aircraft will be the G-IV if you choose to go to the Gulfstream program. There's a 24-month seat lock before you can bid into positions in the other Gulfstreams.

No, I meant "Intensive".

As in combining form, intensively using or requiring large amounts of energy. Like the large amount of energy that has been used to join NJA and NJI into one "combined form".

"To assume, makes an ASS out of U and ME." :laugh:
Whatever dude. Do you actually believe your own BS?

The bottom line is that when the integration happens, we are ALL the same. There won't be any special treatment for anyone. A G-V guy will be treated the same way as a 400XP guy. The rules as they are today at NJA will apply to everyone regardless of what type of an airplane you fly.

Will the current NJI guys have to pay dues? YES

Will they be able to run for "office?" YES

Will they be able to join the private message boards? YES

If you have any more questions about how NJI pilots are going to be treated or what they're going to be able to do, just remember ONE phrase.... SINGLE CARRIER. It means we're all one, under one roof, flying under one contract with one set of rules...

Actually.......

I'm also guessing there will be several letters of agreement in the integration plan regarding how things are run at NJI. For instance, crews volunteering for extended tours to do unusual trips to far flung destinations where crew swaps are A) Difficult B) Impossible, or C) Very expensive. The NJA contract doesn't allow for that sort of thing. NJI also has a separate operations center ancd I expect that to continue: there will have to be provisions for that. I expect us to stay on ONLY a 7-7 schedule with the aforementioned extended trip and overtime policies. Movement between aircraft types will also be covered. There are a dozen other exceptions that I can't think of off the top of my head that would require a slightly different set of rules.

By and large, I think financial issues (overtime rates, sick leave, retirement, disability, etc.) will all be harmonized but there will be some differences for a long time to come.

(Aside to G200: As I pointed out, it's an agency shop so you don't HAVE to pay dues. You can elect to pay an agency fee instead and refuse to join the union. Sadly, there will be those that choose that option. Semantic difference, perhaps, but a difference nonetheless.)

Last edited:
Actually.......

(You can elect to pay an agency fee instead and refuse to join the union. Sadly, there will be those that choose that option. Semantic difference, perhaps, but a difference nonetheless.)

Why do you say 'sadly'?

Actually.......

I'm also guessing there will be several letters of agreement in the integration plan regarding how things are run at NJI. For instance, crews volunteering for extended tours to do unusual trips to far flung destinations where crew swaps are A) Difficult B) Impossible, or C) Very expensive. The NJA contract doesn't allow for that sort of thing. NJI also has a separate operations center ancd I expect that to continue: there will have to be provisions for that. I expect us to stay on ONLY a 7-7 schedule with the aforementioned extended trip and overtime policies. Movement between aircraft types will also be covered. There are a dozen other exceptions that I can't think of off the top of my head that would require a slightly different set of rules.

By and large, I think financial issues (overtime rates, sick leave, retirement, disability, etc.) will all be harmonized but there will be some differences for a long time to come.

(Aside to G200: As I pointed out, it's an agency shop so you don't HAVE to pay dues. You can elect to pay an agency fee instead and refuse to join the union. Sadly, there will be those that choose that option. Semantic difference, perhaps, but a difference nonetheless.)

Wrong. NJA does have provisions for extended trips when crew swaps are difficult or impossible. They are bid on by seniority though, no bubba system. Why on earth did you think our contract doesnt cover any issues you face at NJI? Dont our BBJs do the same type of operations as your G's? Or can you explain to me how the NJI operation is different?

Why do you say 'sadly'?

Because the union will still be getting the dues from them, only, the union does not have too, and will not defend any of theses guys if something should happen. These pilots will also not be eligible for any union benefits, like medical, or retirement, that is in the works. Sounds sad too me.

Latest resources

Back