• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Nja/nji

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wrong. NJA does have provisions for extended trips when crew swaps are difficult or impossible. They are bid on by seniority though, no bubba system. Why on earth did you think our contract doesnt cover any issues you face at NJI? Dont our BBJs do the same type of operations as your G's? Or can you explain to me how the NJI operation is different?

Is not the BBJ's under a separate contract and we are only talking about two is that correct? Our trips happen to quick to bid and they go away just as quickly. The bubba system you speak of is only human nature, schedulers make the least amount of phone calls they can to get a yes.

Actually.......

I'm also guessing there will be several letters of agreement in the integration plan regarding how things are run at NJI. For instance, crews volunteering for extended tours to do unusual trips to far flung destinations where crew swaps are A) Difficult B) Impossible, or C) Very expensive. The NJA contract doesn't allow for that sort of thing. NJI also has a separate operations center ancd I expect that to continue: there will have to be provisions for that. I expect us to stay on ONLY a 7-7 schedule with the aforementioned extended trip and overtime policies. Movement between aircraft types will also be covered. There are a dozen other exceptions that I can't think of off the top of my head that would require a slightly different set of rules.

By and large, I think financial issues (overtime rates, sick leave, retirement, disability, etc.) will all be harmonized but there will be some differences for a long time to come.

(Aside to G200: As I pointed out, it's an agency shop so you don't HAVE to pay dues. You can elect to pay an agency fee instead and refuse to join the union. Sadly, there will be those that choose that option. Semantic difference, perhaps, but a difference nonetheless.)

It's called SIFA. That's the system we have in place for extended international duty assignments.

As for you comments about the pay scale and overtime rates...

I am one of the guys here that totally agrees with the way the virtual seniority list is set up. I never quite agreed with the guys who want to staple you guys to the bottom. Believe me, there are quite a few here that would like to see that happen. I'm not one of them. For years, we've been screaming that NJA and NJI are one in the same. If that's the case, I can't see forcing any NJI pilot to eat ******************** at the bottom of the seniority list.

That being said, watch the way you come across when you're talking about how you're going to get paid. The reality is... you're no better than any of us here right now regardless of what kind of airplane you're in. If/when NJA and NJI merge, there will be one payscale and one set of rules. You guys over there that believe you deserve some sort of special treatment are in for a HUGE surprise. I've made it a point to meet as many NJI crews as possible over the past year. 100% of them have been great. They're all open to a great future as one company and I think that's great. Somewhere, however, there's a handful of guys who think they're better than us simply because they sport a cool looking Gulfstream polo shirt. That's simply not going to go over well when they come strutting in to CMH for company indoc training. Just keep that in mind.

I'm sorry, did you write something funny? I must have missed it.

But hey, if intentional ignorance and mediocrity is okay with you, then have at it.

I'm sorry, did you write something funny? I must have missed it.

But hey, if intentional ignorance and mediocrity is okay with you, then have at it.

Don't worry, most people don't take Capt Dad seriously. Quite the ego, if you know what I mean. Funny that he is slammed by people at his own company - that should tell you something. :laugh:

The way you feel compelled to correct everyone gives you a false sense of superiority or mental prowess which doesn't exist. This is a classic symptom of deep seeded feelings of inadequacy.

I suggest therapy.

Save your insults for someone that cares what you think.

Is not the BBJ's under a separate contract and we are only talking about two is that correct? Our trips happen to quick to bid and they go away just as quickly. The bubba system you speak of is only human nature, schedulers make the least amount of phone calls they can to get a yes.

Negative, the BBJ language is in our CBA. Some under an LOA. Yeah, the human nature thing is embedded at NJA also. Sucks. Lots of good guys left out of the loop cause they don't know someone, and it breeds animosity among the group.

Bwahaa... Been there, done that. I'm way to lazy (and happy) to do it again.

And you did a fine job, I must say, but your hard-nosed style was a little more suited to your (and my) last company than this one. Hopefully the cooperative union/company relations will continue at Netjets. If we ever do go to war though, I'm nominating you :)

Or can you explain to me how the NJI operation is different?

You guys might fly a trip to China, what... once a year? We go once a week.

Contrary to popular opinion, operating throughout the far corners of the globe doesn't include TEB and PBI. We have crew planners that work 5 days a week doing nothing but organizing trips throughout the world.

I look forward to working with NJA pilots, and all of you (those that come over) can look forward t working with our NOC... Totally different level of interaction than what you have in CMH.

Latest resources

Back