• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Nja/nji

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You guys might fly a trip to China, what... once a year? We go once a week.

Contrary to popular opinion, operating throughout the far corners of the globe doesn't include TEB and PBI. We have crew planners that work 5 days a week doing nothing but organizing trips throughout the world.

I look forward to working with NJA pilots, and all of you (those that come over) can look forward t working with our NOC... Totally different level of interaction than what you have in CMH.

You may wanna check where the BBJ's go in a typical week. Your once a year to China statement is way off base.

Because the union will still be getting the dues from them, only, the union does not have too, and will not defend any of theses guys if something should happen. These pilots will also not be eligible for any union benefits, like medical, or retirement, that is in the works. Sounds sad too me.

Incorrect. Agency fee payers are afforded full protection in collective bargaining and representation. That's what they pay the fee for.

What they don't have access to is membership rights such as voting on contracts or officers, running for office, access to member's only areas such as the message board and and future member's only benefits we might create.

It's called SIFA. That's the system we have in place for extended international duty assignments.

As for you comments about the pay scale and overtime rates...

I am one of the guys here that totally agrees with the way the virtual seniority list is set up. I never quite agreed with the guys who want to staple you guys to the bottom. Believe me, there are quite a few here that would like to see that happen. I'm not one of them. For years, we've been screaming that NJA and NJI are one in the same. If that's the case, I can't see forcing any NJI pilot to eat ******************** at the bottom of the seniority list.

That being said, watch the way you come across when you're talking about how you're going to get paid.

Dude, what are talking about? Did you actually read the post? I'm saying pay rates, benefits, overtime etc. will be the SAME.

The reality is... you're no better than any of us here right now regardless of what kind of airplane you're in.

Like I said, did you read the post? I've never said we're any better, or worse, than any pilot group. My point is, and always has been, that the G-IV/V operation DOES have some differences that will be addressed in a transition agreement. No better, no worse, just different.

If/when NJA and NJI merge, there will be one payscale and one set of rules. You guys over there that believe you deserve some sort of special treatment are in for a HUGE surprise.

None of the people I know think we're "something special" or deserve special treatment. In fact, a growing number are looking forward to being covered by the contract because they actually believe you are treated better in some respects and the contract will even the playing field. Certain recent events have convinced more than a few folks that some of the protections offered by the contract would be a good idea.

I've made it a point to meet as many NJI crews as possible over the past year. 100% of them have been great. They're all open to a great future as one company and I think that's great. Somewhere, however, there's a handful of guys who think they're better than us simply because they sport a cool looking Gulfstream polo shirt. That's simply not going to go over well when they come strutting in to CMH for company indoc training. Just keep that in mind.

We won't be coming to CMH for company indoc since NJI will continue to operate as a separate company, with a separate operations center, a separate operating certificate, and yes, some different company policies. The only difference after the "merger" is that the entire pilot group will be represented by NJASAP and the collective bargaining agreement (and applicable LOA's).

As with all things, time will tell.

Quote None of the people I know think we're "something special" or deserve special treatment. In fact, a growing number are looking forward to being covered by the contract because they actually believe you are treated better in some respects and the contract will even the playing field. Certain recent events have convinced more than a few folks that some of the protections offered by the contract would be a good idea.

My feel on this one, from the line, is that if there were a vote for/against NJASAP representing the NJI pilots in the near future we would easily be over 51% as a DIRECT result of "certain recent events" ! That said I suspect Okatie knows the merge is inevitable and is acting accordingly.

Watch out for the upcoming lecture Fly!

Bafoon 19 will be here in a minute to tell you how you are screwing up.

Not that he knows crap about it, but that won't stop him.

You may wanna check where the BBJ's go in a typical week. Your once a year to China statement is way off base.

Look, Im not trying to start an argument. We have 2 BBJs? Sure they go all over the world. Whats the ratio of BBJ pilots to the rest of the NJA pilots? .005%?

All NJI pilots (every last one of us) span the globe on a weekly basis. Thats how NJI/NJA differ. You can end up doing 22 hours of airlining just to get home here. We fly aircraft that can stay aloft for 15 hours... Get the difference now? Thats all Im saying.

We understand what you're saying dude. Point being though, we still have contractual language that covers this type of flying.

You can end up doing 22 hours of airlining just to get home here.

The day that never ended for me was a 12hr GV flight from Gold Coast Australia- Bangalore India crew swap, run to the terminal and airline threw Heathrow to ORD then to IAH. That was 25hrs flight time of just air lining. I forget why we needed to get back so bad. :bawling:

B

You IN-Sane bro. Homey don't play that. At least, until we start racking hourly overtime for those marathon days...:beer:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back