• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Nja/nji

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually, I'm sure an A-Teamer would have no problem getting a duty day like he described. All he would have to do is volunteer to go past 14 hrs. As long as he's not operating an aircraft, he would still get the OT. I can foresee a LOT of that happening with the "I" guys after the integration.

Well now we're talking about a whole different issue. The money issue would depend on where you are in your tour. Staying on the clock to get to where they need you on day 2 of 7 is totally different than them trying to get you home on day 6 of 7 after realizing that they can't do it in two 14 hour duty days. Sounds like an after midnight is the better outcome in that case than a few extra hours past 14.

That long day was trying to get home. We all were in agreement to just keep going. But we will see what plays out.

The "rules" you're currently working under now are much different than ours. So aren't your schedules. I'm aware of how they can shift your schedules. I hope you're aware of the fact that they can't do that with us. If you're on the 7&7 schedule then day 7 is your last day. Period. The company knows they have to get you home by midnight or 14 hours on your last day. They also know that "special deals" are not allowed and watched carefully. In "special deals" I mean that they can't call you up and force you to work beyond the 14 hour mark. They also can't pressure you into feeling like you're letting them down if you stand your ground. I can tell you from personal experience that if you reach the 14 hour mark on your last day, they'll book you a hotel room wherever you are and they'll get you home the next day.

No, hang on. These guys are right. That would NEVER happen here at NJA. The day would have been over CONTRACTUALLY at the end of your 12 hour G-V flight. After a mandatory 10 hours of rest, they then would have had another 14 hours to get me as far as they could. Regardless of how much airlining there is, we don't work for free.

These rules apply to ALL of our airplanes.

G200_PILOT,

Under the provisions of the current NJA CBA the Company could and probably would require you to exceed any and all duty time limitation in case the duty period in order to accommodate extended international travel duty only!

Now, one would receive overtime compensation for any and all duty hours beyond 12, as well as, "compensatory" rest on the back-end.

IDEtoNJA

We won't be coming to CMH for company indoc since NJI will continue to operate as a separate company, with a separate operations center, a separate operating certificate, and yes, some different company policies. The only difference after the "merger" is that the entire pilot group will be represented by NJASAP and the collective bargaining agreement (and applicable LOA's)./QUOTE]

OK, can you please tell me where you're getting your information from? I know you're a smart guy. You passed a Gulfstream type ride so you have to have SOME brains!:D Nonetheless, I don't quite think you know what "single carrier" means. If you think the only thing that will change is that you will now be part of a Union, you're in for a rude awakening. No, I don't know how the specifics will pan out but I can tell you that IF the two entities were to join in recognition of a "single carrier", then we won't be operating as two separate companies. Please keep that in mind while you're typing away trying to explain to me how it's going to be.

G200_PILOT,

Technically, NetJets could maintain separate operating certificates and separate operations, and at same time, have NJA/NJI/NJLA recognized as a "Single Transportation System."

Does it really matter under which certificate any of the NetJets aircraft are operated under? This holds true as long as, all NetJets pilots are placed on the same seniority list; and, all NetJets pilots operate under the same CBA. I.e. The Gulfstream pilots could remain on a separate certificate with recurrents conducted away from CMH.

LOA 01-013 currently states that the current CBA and attached LOA's will apply to all pilots on the NetJets seniority list equally. The only concessions LOA 01-013 gives the Company for the Gulfstream operation are: The 15-Day Flex Schedule will not be offered; and, certain amendments to the process of vacancy awards and the application of seat/equipment/program locks.

IDEtoNJA

Is NJI still hiring?

We won't be coming to CMH for company indoc since NJI will continue to operate as a separate company, with a separate operations center, a separate operating certificate, and yes, some different company policies. The only difference after the "merger" is that the entire pilot group will be represented by NJASAP and the collective bargaining agreement (and applicable LOA's)./QUOTE]

OK, can you please tell me where you're getting your information from? I know you're a smart guy. You passed a Gulfstream type ride so you have to have SOME brains!:D Nonetheless, I don't quite think you know what "single carrier" means. If you think the only thing that will change is that you will now be part of a Union, you're in for a rude awakening. No, I don't know how the specifics will pan out but I can tell you that IF the two entities were to join in recognition of a "single carrier", then we won't be operating as two separate companies. Please keep that in mind while you're typing away trying to explain to me how it's going to be.

Gutshot is correct . . . G200 is wrong . . . 'single carrier' does not mean that two divisions cannot operate separately. Even IF the NJI pilots are forced into the union, the word 'merger' is still inappropriate - separate operations have been assured by Woodbridge.

Gutshot is correct . . . G200 is wrong . . . 'single carrier' does not mean that two divisions cannot operate separately. Even IF the NJI pilots are forced into the union, the word 'merger' is still inappropriate - separate operations have been assured by Woodbridge.

YankeeEcho,

The operations, as far as, the FAA is concerned may or may not be "merged." I believe that this would be the only correct statement! For goodness sake, are our combined operations one seamless and
"merged" operation in the eyes of the owners? I certainly hope so! ;)

NetJets may or may not keep the operating certificates separate. This would be in the same fashion as the NJLA certificate is being kept separately from the NJA certificate.

Once a "Single Transportation System" is recognized, the pilot groups will be merged onto one seniority list! I believe that the Virtual Seniority List will become the "official" Company Seniority List.

Furthermore, all pilots on the Company Seniority List will be covered, protected, and bound by all the provisions of the 2007 CBA and its associated LOA's. The 2007 CBA will apply whether a pilot flies under the NJA, NJI, NJI(BDL), or NJLA FAA certificates. Therefore, NJI will not be able to utilize Company policies that are not in compliance with the CBA.

Whether NetJets management will or will not approach the union leadership to negotiate amendments to the 2007 CBA as it pertains to the NJI operation is to be seen.

IDEtoNJA

Last edited:
separate operations have been assured by Woodbridge.

Not to bust nuts but I don't believe anything that comes out of woodbridge. Remember when they were saying that NJI would never be union and now guess what thats where its going.

I do chuckle when I see one side talking about the other. There are a lot of misconceptions about what one side does versus the other. There are some great work rules on the NJA side and there are some great flexibility options on the I side. But as a group grows bigger they can't handle all the questions, or schedule shifts, or name recognition that comes from being small and mobile.

I'm personally going to hate to see us go to perdiem. While the A side flies every day we just don't. The planes and trips aren't like that. So having nice dinners and lunches are a way for us to bond. I can count on one hand how many times I went to dinner on the A side. Mainly you just browned bagged it to the hotel room. I side, dinner if you'd like to, room service if you want, and its that simple task that can bring a crew and a company together. I don't think a lot of people get that because pilots are whores and will save that crew meal just to save perdiem.

So for me its the little things. I believe the companies will operate individually with the pilots on the same senority list. NJI is a great marketing device by saying we specialize in long haul international. I treat london and paris now like TEB and LAX. That is a great marketing tool for the company.

Changes are coming. I have the unique perspective to see both trains coming at me.

Latest resources

Back