• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA Furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Looks as though Warren is planning on large scale inflation. Buying railroads because trucking will be to expensive and planning on folks selling more airplanes as fuel skyrockets. He will either a hero or a goat which one would you bet on?

Too bad we can't put Buffet in charge of the Fed. The man makes more money while taking his morning dump than any one of us will make in a lifetime. I think he has a much deeper understanding of what's going on than any of the JV boneheads frittering away our childrens future in Washington.

The last place on earth I want to get economic enlightenment from is Flightinfo.

As one of the guys about to hit the street at NJA, all I can really say is everything is a crapshoot in this industry. NJA was my 4th company in about 8 years and figured I had finally made it to where I could have lucrative career.

Would be in the left seat at RAH now if I stayed there and also had a class date scheduled with Allegiant at the same time I had my NJA offer. I'd also be in the left seat (or very very close) at Allegiant now. It's definitely a brutaly unfair industry. What am I going to do now? Who knows. Good luck to all my fellow furloughees. We all definitely lost the best job in aviation.

My advice to anyone who has a decent amount of seniority anywhere (even a regional) is do NOT give up that seniority to go to the bottom of a list no matter where it is.

Last edited:
RP170-- so sorry that you and the other 494 have to go through this merry-go-round garbage again (looks like you are also alumni of the Tom Moore show). Your crxpshoot comment is so spot on. I have also learned the hard way - 2 or 3 times now- that when a place seems like the place to be, it is usually too late to avoid being burnt. The profession for too many of us is no longer a career but rather like a bunch of travelling musicians getting short-term gigs. Good luck, including a recall sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
Good luck, including a recall sooner rather than later.

Thanks sky. The problem now is the new CEO wants to get rid of 100 aircraft. Looks like the old airline mentality of "shrink to profitability" and we have seen how well all of those scenarios have unfolded. My bet is at least 5 years before I'm back on property. This isn't going to be anything that happens in the near future given all the potential political pitfalls that will stagnate economic growth (government health care, cap and trade, aviation user fees, continous attacks on corporate aviation, etc.) It's a shame what's going on in this country.

Last edited:
Thanks sky. The problem now is the new CEO wants to get rid of 100 aircraft. Looks like the old airline mentality of "shrink to profitability" and we have seen how well all of those scenarios have unfolded. My bet is at least 5 years before I'm back on property. This isn't going to be anything that happens in the near future given all the potential political pitfalls still in the way (government health care, cap and trade, aviation user fees, continous attacks on corporate aviation, etc.) It's a shame what's going on in this country.

Agreed- the extent of the over-correction now taking place that believes the rich are an inexhaustible cash cow is amazing.

I had a chance to be at NJA a year ago--but between Life and "life" it didn't turn out. Lucky for me! I'm now going to fly for Arik Air out of Lagos, Nigeria (based in JFK). One never knows how it's going to turn out. Careful upon those who step on the way up--you'll see them again on the way down!

The truth is, the economy is affecting everyone. There is a price to pay for the great salary of the NetJet guys and gals. 50k/year starting out isn't that great when your getting put back on the street. This is a sobering reminder that the "great" places to work aren't as secure as once believed. Stimulus after massive stimulus isn't the answer either. Where is that pilot shortage?

Trust me when I say that the pay wasn't the problem...Nor should it be at a regionals either..Simple case of supply and demand at this point..To man airplanes, too many pilots, not enough owners.. And a special thanks to Bernie Madoff

And not to be a dick but my pay was 79K first year..(on the 18 day w/out extending)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back