NJA Furloughs

Jetjockey

Stay thirsty my friends
Total Time
18K+
Where does that 495 fall in date of hire?

say again

I love her ARSE!!!!
Total Time
I believe I read from another thread Nov '06.

OPECJet

Total Time
Nov '06 is about right. Hopefully one round only!

johnpeace

#199 of 201
Total Time
~1800
One of my IOE captains I flew with after training at ASA last spring was on his last trip before starting school at NJA.

He spent the whole trip talking about what a great place to work it was going to be, how well he'd be treated there, pointing out all the ASA/regional airline bull******************** he'd no longer have to put up with, how much better the pay/schedule was.

I'm really feeling for that guy and his family right now...

MALSR

Total Time
enough
Glad I didn't go there. Who would have thought that staying at my regional would be a good thing.

Midge

Total Time
Lots
Just goes to show that no matter who you work for, nobody is safe in this ********************ty industry.

viper548

Total Time
I was bummed when I didn't get the job. Quite grateful now. Seemed like a lot of great people there.

SEVEN

Total Time
The truth is, the economy is affecting everyone. There is a price to pay for the great salary of the NetJet guys and gals. 50k/year starting out isn't that great when your getting put back on the street. This is a sobering reminder that the "great" places to work aren't as secure as once believed. Stimulus after massive stimulus isn't the answer either. Where is that pilot shortage?

Mike man

Funk Master Flex
Total Time
5000+
Bernie Madoff is to blame...I'm sure he took more than a few of the owners.

NJAPLT

Total Time
enough
Bernie Madoff is to blame...I'm sure he took more than a few of the owners.
I have talked to a few ex-owners (they recognized my uniform while i was airlining) and one specifically mentioned that they sold because of Madoff.

To be fair, it's more than that, the biggest thing being the recession. (Not that they backlash against business aviation helped any.) Netjets was staffing for planes that they had on order, then Netjets didn't accept them due to the lack of demand. This left too many pilots. It was compounded by the amount of people who sold the airplane share to make up for other investments that went sour.

The lesson is that no job is secure, not airline, corporate or fractional.

Let's hope that this economy improves, even though I still have my job (for now) I feel terrible for those pilots here and at other aviation jobs who are on furlough.

satpak77

Marriott Platinum Member
Total Time
5000+
Just goes to show that no matter who you work for, nobody is safe in this ********************ty industry.
Don't forget the guy in early 80's who went to Pan Am or TWA and passed on that "little 737 operator called Southwest"

PeanuckleCRJ

Hurrrrrrrr
Total Time
mucho
Don't forget the guy in early 80's who went to Pan Am or TWA and passed on that "little 737 operator called Southwest"
Pan Am didn't hire anyone in the 80's....

Full of LUV

Total Time

IFLYASA

Total Time
Once the ATP rule passes thru congress regarding Part 121, and the age 65er's get out of dodge, there should be a dramatic industry turn around. No one is in flight school anymore, old timers forced to retire, unfortunately it's not soon enough.

johnpeace

#199 of 201
Total Time
~1800
500 out of 3000? That seems like quite a bit in one swat! Seems like the economy has been bad enough for long enough that it wouldn't make sense to go that deep, but of course, I don't see the books....
Warren Buffett is ultimately at the wheel...I would imagine he understands that the economy is almost certainly going to get worse before it gets better.