• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA Furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Trust me when I say that the pay wasn't the problem...Nor should it be at a regionals either..Simple case of supply and demand at this point..To man airplanes, too many pilots, not enough owners.. And a special thanks to Bernie Madoff

And not to be a dick but my pay was 79K first year..(on the 18 day w/out extending)

A Teamer.....:p

CRJFLyer has it right though. This has nothing to do with how much we make, or didn't make. It has everything to do with too many pilots and too few airplanes. There are underlying causes that are pretty far reaching, but it all comes back to the state of the economy, a few w************************* in DC complaining about bizjet usage, Madoff, etc. Pilot pay is chump change when flying large airplanes. Applies to the regionals as well.

Just gotta live in the snowbelt...watch the benjamins roll in during the winter......:beer:

And not to be a dick but my pay was 79K first year..(on the 18 day w/out extending)

"Looks like that may have been part of the problem. "

Don't wish Ill on anyone but there has been quite an arrogance from many a Netjets pilot over the years.

Also quite interesting as soon as the furlough was announced and people started talking about it on the Fractional board the mod shut it down.
Didnt do that when bashing the other fracs during their hard times.

"Looks like that may have been part of the problem. "

Don't wish Ill on anyone but there has been quite an arrogance from many a Netjets pilot over the years.

Also quite interesting as soon as the furlough was announced and people started talking about it on the Fractional board the mod shut it down.
Didnt do that when bashing the other fracs during their hard times.

Thread did not get shut down because of the furlough, it got shut down because 2 people were arguing over an unrelated legal issue. If the first year pay was the problem then why aren't we doing any downgrades? The 700+ pilots overstaffed was the problem.

....The profession for too many of us is no longer a career but rather like a bunch of travelling musicians getting short-term gigs....

I gotta' hand it to you Sky -- In one sentence, you summarized exactly what it means to be a professional pilot in this day and age much better than anyone else I have ever listened to.

I hope you don't mind if I "borrow" that quote from time to time... ;)

If the first year pay was the problem then why aren't we doing any downgrades? The 700+ pilots overstaffed was the problem.

Just curious. I read in a previous post NJA might get rid of 100 plus airplanes. Are you naive enough to think nobody will be downgraded when you furlough 500 pilots (20 percent of the pilots) and are staring at 100 airplanes eventually leaving.

Good luck to all the guys/gals about to be furloughed. NJA is a first class operation and hopefully you will be back soon.

The contract has some very sticky language that makes downgrading pilots difficult for the company. Not saying it can't be done but the language is much more secure than a typical contract. Without the language in our contract, I wouldn't be surprised to see a corresponding number of downgrades with the furlough.

Just curious. I read in a previous post NJA might get rid of 100 plus airplanes. Are you naive enough to think nobody will be downgraded when you furlough 500 pilot

Not naive enough at all, just quoting what we were told on a letter from the president. When I first heard of this I thought there would for sure be downgrades, however, that is not in the plan neither is pay concessions. NJA will come out of this just fine in my opinion and I think when the dust settles they will be in a much better position than any other fractional. We are learning now that RTS was not quite the gem we all thought he was.

sshrae said:
We are learning now that RTS was not quite the gem we all thought he was.

What does that mean?

From the outside looking in, it appears as though RTS fell on his sword to protect you guys as long as he possibly could...

Latest resources

Back