Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What did you say?

a5699a9678097e4410d6d4d6bc73dc32.jpg

Great but you're riding the whole process on a maybe and something that kit Darby has been saying for 20 years.

Sorry I rather take ownership of the process than wait for someone else to do the heavy lifting.

I wish the negotiators well, and want them to get us a great deal. I also feel the marketplace will help our negotiators because NJA will be worried about their inability to replace us. This is good news for all pilots at NJA and elsewhere. As supply drops, relative demand increases, creating more pay to a) keep crews on board and b) attract more people to the profession to alleviate the shortage. Next we should see the airlines set up pilot programs to help with the supply problem, but we should reap higher pay for the next several years, probably a LOT higher. This will make our union negotiators' job easier, which is good.

I wish the negotiators well, and want them to get us a great deal. I also feel the marketplace will help our negotiators because NJA will be worried about their inability to replace us. This is good news for all pilots at NJA and elsewhere. As supply drops, relative demand increases, creating more pay to a) keep crews on board and b) attract more people to the profession to alleviate the shortage. Next we should see the airlines set up pilot programs to help with the supply problem, but we should reap higher pay for the next several years, probably a LOT higher. This will make our union negotiators' job easier, which is good.

You just don't want to do anything to help fight for a new contract. Your hoping someone else does the work for you and make wild assumptions the economy will fix it.

Sadly your ignorance is going to be our downfall.

Then you'll ask what happened to your "fun" job.

Isn't it FUN posting here while the union crazies try to drive you off?

Nobody is driving me off. I sit by the sidelines a lot and watch anymore. After all, how can someone form a good opinion without understanding both sides? While I don't like some of the antics that are played, I have a good understanding why there is aggravation. It was spelled out best somewhere on the majors board a little while ago by someone who lives in our world. I watch because while I'm not bargaining, my career will likely be affected by those who are. I just hope things get worked out before BH dumps us, but I'm not holding my breath. i say give the group mostly what they want with the understanding that shenanigans won't be tolerated in the future.

SG

Nobody is driving me off. I sit by the sidelines a lot and watch anymore. After all, how can someone form a good opinion without understanding both sides? While I don't like some of the antics that are played, I have a good understanding why there is aggravation. It was spelled out best somewhere on the majors board a little while ago by someone who lives in our world. I watch because while I'm not bargaining, my career will likely be affected by those who are. I just hope things get worked out before BH dumps us, but I'm not holding my breath. i say give the group mostly what they want with the understanding that shenanigans won't be tolerated in the future.

SG

Quality post.

There are quite a few of us on here that are watching from the outside with concern/anticipation. We are not management stooges, or company trolls like the crazies assume.

I unfollowed NJASAP on the twitter just now. Their spamming and retweeting messages to news outlets clogs my feed and is just annoying now. I wonder if the intended audience is doing the same.

Latest resources

Back