NJA announces 1000 applications for pilot positions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Quality post.

There are quite a few of us on here that are watching from the outside with concern/anticipation. We are not management stooges, or company trolls like the crazies assume.

I unfollowed NJASAP on the twitter just now. Their spamming and retweeting messages to news outlets clogs my feed and is just annoying now. I wonder if the intended audience is doing the same.

Do you work at NJA?

Do you work at NJA?

Probably, but the most challenging thing he's had to over come, is what to pack for lunch.

Sorry, but those inside the walls will never understand our lives (by reading posts) or the demands put on us and our families. They only see us as spoiled rich kids, rubbing elbow with the rich and famous. What could possible be wrong with that? Hell, he'd probably do it for free.

Best to ask him what challenges he faces 5 times a year, that if he fails, he's out of a job PERMANENTLY. Answer, NONE.

Glad he unfollowed NJASAP, he was never the intended audience anyway.

Probably, but the most challenging thing he's had to over come, is what to pack for lunch.

Sorry, but those inside the walls will never understand our lives (by reading posts) or the demands put on us and our families. They only see us as spoiled rich kids, rubbing elbow with the rich and famous. What could possible be wrong with that? Hell, he'd probably do it for free.

Best to ask him what challenges he faces 5 times a year, that if he fails, he's out of a job PERMANENTLY. Answer, NONE.

Jeez...what about my post struck you so personally? I dont recall saying anything negative. I'm happy you know so much about my life, however.

Then you don't understand that the tweets aren't for you they are for CNBC that is trying to get the tweet count up to get them to ask warren the tough questions.

The more tweets the more likely the interviewer might lead the questions into the labor dispute. That's what it's about. Not filling up your feed for no reason.

Are you involved? Are you on the union board? Are you reading the union announcements? Are you even tweeting what the union is asking uou to tweet a couple of clicks and your done? Will you be at Omaha?

Last edited:
Jeez...what about my post struck you so personally? I dont recall saying anything negative. I'm happy you know so much about my life, however.

I apologize, your post struck me at a bad point on my day. I was just opening a wonderful crew food peanut butter and jelly sandwich, one if about 200 I've ordered over the years. It pisses me off that the company believes this is adequate FUEL to keep us pilots flying.

Then you don't understand that the tweets aren't for you they are for CNBC that is trying to get the tweet count up to get them to ask warren the tough questions.

The more tweets the more likely the interviewer might lead the questions into the labor dispute. That's what it's about. Not filling up your feed for no reason.

Are you involved? Are you on the union board? Are you reading the union announcements? Are you even tweeting what the union is asking uou to tweet a couple of clicks and your done? Will you be at Omaha?

Did you even read my post? Not a pilot. The barrage of tweets on reporters has happened several times now...I have yet to see a story done about it other than a quick question here or there.

Last edited:
I apologize, your post struck me at a bad point on my day. I was just opening a wonderful crew food peanut butter and jelly sandwich, one if about 200 I've ordered over the years. It pisses me off that the company believes this is adequate FUEL to keep us pilots flying.

There are other options than PB&J avail on the crew food menu. Seems like a self made problem in choosing what to eat for free. I'm a former crew services person, so I know every scenario is different, but if you're ordering from some BFE airport whose catering options are limited, I don't see how blaming the company is appropriate. If you're odering the PB&J from TEB, well, that's on you my friend.

I don't think anyone watching will claim to understand your lives on the road. None of us have said we think it's easy. But many of us are sympathetic (to varying degrees) to your cause. We see your long days and numerous changes everyday. I don't think I could stand to wake up every day not knowing where I'll be in 12-14 hours...everyday. Don't beat up on outsiders (your fellow non-pilot employees) who care enough about your opinions to be here watching.

SG

There are other options than PB&J avail on the crew food menu. Seems like a self made problem in choosing what to eat for free. I'm a former crew services person, so I know every scenario is different, but if you're ordering from some BFE airport whose catering options are limited, I don't see how blaming the company is appropriate. If you're odering the PB&J from TEB, well, that's on you my friend.
1. That sandwich wasn't free. We paid for it by making less money. It's also of greater benefit to the company who sees increased productivity since we aren't taking meal breaks.

2. That sandwich is made of lesser quality than in the past. What used to be a fresh sandwich (when it got to the FBO anyway) is now a couple of days old. Yes, there are other choices on the menu, but it is the same issue with other . Blame on the company is perfectly placed when they have aggravated the caterer to the point where they are happy to send crap to the airplane. I wouldn't doubt owner catering has fallen toiletward as well.

This is of course an analogy, but I hope you can see the picture.

Latest resources

Back