• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJ Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
YIP hasn't figured out the percentage of college vs non college at the most desirable Legacy carriers.. And hasn't yet been able to correlate the relationship between the two..... He also hasn't quite wrapped his head around the fact that companies mandate the hiring criteria ( not the applicant), and to be a player one has to meet those criteria.

Apparently he skipped statistics.....

That is already changing, many airlines have changed their requirements to college degree -"preferred", and as this shortage of experience continues to grow, we will see many more Non hired. Besides almost everyone has degree now days, so statistically almost everyone hired will have degree.

I was talking about the 60's when college degree didn't mean that much if you were a military trained pilot.

The degree has nothing to do with intelligence, ability fly or the ability to be an asehole in the cockpit.

BTW: I didn't skip stats, I actually liked it.

That is already changing, many airlines have changed their requirements to college degree -"preferred", and as this shortage of experience continues to grow, we will see many more Non hired. Besides almost everyone has degree now days, so statistically almost everyone hired will have degree.

I was talking about the 60's when college degree didn't mean that much if you were a military trained pilot.

The degree has nothing to do with intelligence, ability fly or the ability to be an asehole in the cockpit.

BTW: I didn't skip stats, I actually liked it.

What does this have to do with NJ recalls???? Talk about thread DRIFT!

I know right....

Ehh, either way in the end it doesn't matter...... I've got a degree, and am at a Legacy... Only stat I need to know.

What does this have to do with NJ recalls???? Talk about thread DRIFT!
NJ hires without a degree if you are a really good guy and a great stick, how do I know, I helped get them on at NJ over the last 16 years

I know right....

Ehh, either way in the end it doesn't matter...... I've got a degree, and am at a Legacy... Only stat I need to know.
I know congrats, but it has nothing to do with flying an airplane see above. It is just a screening tool for HR types who have college degrees and want everyone to be like them.

Last edited:
Well this has to do with recalls....

The beloved management at NJ has just declared open war on its largest represented workforce....

Capitulate and accept concessions, or they'll be forced to cancel all new jet orders and immediately stop recalls. Per the wunderkind JH to NJASAP President yesterday. Apparently he's too busy "negotiating" with India and China, to be bothered by our disgruntled and irrational workforce.

I'm sure G4dude and his peers can't wait to sign up for those "give backs".

Is that even a credible threat? We all know Fractionals make their money selling new shares. Does anyone think canceling deliveries will hurt the pilot group more than the company? Talk about cutting your nose off to spite your face!

This will be interesting to watch. Can an un-tested anti-union ideolog, with no negotiating experience crush union demand for a fair contract? I'll bet he's on the phone with dad daily.

Games and tactics to scare the membership is par for the course. I don't understand how management doesn't view pilots as an asset rather than liability.

Ego is a powerful weapon for self destructive behavior.

Well this has to do with recalls....

The beloved management at NJ has just declared open war on its largest represented workforce....

Capitulate and accept concessions, or they'll be forced to cancel all new jet orders and immediately stop recalls. Per the wunderkind JH to NJASAP President yesterday. Apparently he's too busy "negotiating" with India and China, to be bothered by our disgruntled and irrational workforce.

I'm sure G4dude and his peers can't wait to sign up for those "give backs".

Tell them to stuff it!!!! Don't you guys have more leverage before the busy Thanksgiving and X-MAS holidays?

Latest resources

Back