• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJ Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What you call an excuse is federal law. If a union refuses to represent a member, it would be sued into oblivion.

It would be sued, the facts would be presented in court, and if the union had it's sh!t together, the lawsuit would be dismissed...as it should be. Of course all of that takes a spine to implement. We spend far too much time around here coddling each other and feeling good about ourselves that idea of accountability has fallen by the wayside. The union needs to stop protecting the d0uche bags...F these clowns. They need to go.

If the union failed to provide any representation at all to a member, the suit would NOT be dismissed. I have no idea why you think a union can pick and choose who it defends, but it just isn't the case.

.... union needs to stop protecting the d0uche bags...F these clowns. They need to go.

FAR's, FOM, CBA, Federal law -- we all have to follow the rules of the game. Until there's a change in the rule-book, our Union will continue to defend every member in good standing. No sense getting worked-up over this because it's out of our hands.

However, to look at things from a different perspective -- rather than focus our rage on the 1 or 2 "dead-weight" pilots, why don't we try to do something about the 2 Dozen or so IDIOT ACP's and FM's that cost the company $$$$ Millions year after year??

We all know who the "problem children" ACP's and FM's are... just about every line pilot will rattle-off the same list of names if asked. In fact, I'm pretty sure if you ask any of the ACP's and FM's who actually do their jobs and do them well (aka the "good kids") you'll probably come up with a strikingly similar list of names.

Those clowns and their idiotic decisions on a daily basis are the ones destroying our brand and costing us the loyalty of our customers. :angryfire

It would be sued, the facts would be presented in court, and if the union had it's sh!t together, the lawsuit would be dismissed...as it should be. Of course all of that takes a spine to implement. We spend far too much time around here coddling each other and feeling good about ourselves that idea of accountability has fallen by the wayside. The union needs to stop protecting the d0uche bags...F these clowns. They need to go.

It would be dismissed? You know this for certain?

If the union failed to provide any representation at all to a member, the suit would NOT be dismissed. I have no idea why you think a union can pick and choose who it defends, but it just isn't the case.

I think law doesn't matter much here CA1900! This is FI.com after all, where everyone is right, and my company is better than yours. Even if we work for the same company.

For once, I totally agree with you. This is one of my biggest, most fundamental complaints with the union. And yes, I too have heard the "Duty of fair representation" excuse before...it's just that, an excuse. The union should every right to refuse to defend a pilot (depending on the severity and verification of the offense...say for example, multiple opportunities for crew meals) without fear of legal retribution. Some people around here just need to grow a pair.

You do understand that unions have lost DFR lawsuits, right?

It's not just the union that will get sued, it's the individual SOD as well. One of the nice little things no one told me about when I ran for ALPA LEC rep. My legal insurance was an out of pocket expense as federal law also prohibited the union from paying my legal fees should one of my pilots sue me under DFR.

Latest resources

Back