• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJ Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would love to be slave under the NJ conditions, as are almost everyone of the furlougess returnees have said.

By your reasoning bottom feeders like your company try to encourage those of us in better companies to simply toe the line and stop seeking improvements in our QOL and compensation. You may be proud of setting the bar so low, but I never did buy the philosophy that we should be happy because we suck the least.

I'll tell you how we are now being treated and what JH wants.

1) Scheduling issues to include every attempt to get 12-14 hours of duty each day, even if it means a 4 hour show/go for a pax trip out of BFE, or hours of crew rot at some crappy FBO after a long day.

2) Degredation of accomodations to include reduced benefits such as breakfast, even when we are Diamond, Platinum, or similar types of members.

3) Scheduling late returns to one's base on the last day even when there is no reasonable chance to be used as a crew member.

4) Total lack of respect. Example: JH actually said he considers his crews to be part time employees, even when many put in 80 hours of duty in 7 days.

5) Loss of protections when other groups are on strike. In other words, we would be forced to cross picket lines.

5) HUGE reduction in health coverage.

6) Reduction in sick leave accrual.

7) Reduction in vacation.

8) Zero increase in base pay, not to mention no COLA or improved longevity pay.

9) Reduction in overtime language.

These are but a few examples. All to squeeze a few bucks more for WB. Forget the intangible profits we provide. Flight Safety for example. Or the increased profits we provide other BKS companies via timely transportation to make their own profit.

It's wonderful that guys like Buffet and Gates give billions of these profits to charity. They look oh so benevolent, don't they? The truth is, they do so at the expense of the very people that bring them those profits. The greed of today far exceeds the days of Rockefeller and Carnegie.

Thank you. At least now I have some idea of what is on your mind. I am not a scheduler, but I can assure you that there are reasons for the early shows and hanging out at the FBO. (I can't answer for the last day getting home late). These things aren't done punitively...That group doesn't have the time to to do these things punitively. They're just trying keep up with the changes. You're likely there to cover if something breaks or if one of the 3%ers amongst your group is in the mood to play their games.

If the consensus is a lack of respect from the top, please don't include those of us who support you operationally in that mix. The groups who are at the mothership 24/7 understand you more than you may realize.

SG

Last edited:
If the consensus is a lack of respect from the top, please don't include those of us who support you operationally in that mix. The groups who are at the mothership 24/7 understand you more than you may realize.

SG

Agreed. Most of us know where the friction comes from. Just don't buy into their BS either. All of our livelyhoods are in jeapardy from people who are more concerned with their legacy and image in the public eye than the folks that made them their wealth.

You're likely there to cover if something breaks or if one of the 3%ers

I've read your posts with great interest. You seem like a genuine person.

We are not the bad guys. We are out there being run into the ground every day. We are not robots.

Like you or anyone else, when you feel like nobody gives a crap about you it takes it's toll.

Pilotyip, Why would you wanna come to a company that you feel has such a worthless diabolical union? (That got us where we are by the way)

G4, I pmed you. It's been awhile since we had words, I figure you may have experienced a bit more as a Netjets pilot.

Seems to me we are listening to numerous posts planted by executive management.

Profit does not mean we keep our jobs. While earning $1 BILLION in pretax profit this last fiscal year, 495 were still on furlough. Demand drives jobs. Our customers are unique, they travel because the economy gives them an incentive to attend a meeting or for leisure that they need and can afford. They don't shop price, but expect top level service, second only to Safety. That is this business model, please do not continue spinning it into a value play except for pay. Low cost carrier (Southwest) + 1% MINIMUM. Thank you all for your service to this company. Even the plants, you are still my friends, you are doing what your boss asked you to.

So Rubber Ducky, I think I get what your saying?

The EMT doesn't have the "class" it takes to run this company?

They only understand nickel and dimeing every aspect of the product no matter the negative effect, as long as it is a profit!

Pilotyip, Why would you wanna come to a company that you feel has such a worthless diabolical union? (That got us where we are by the way)
because it would be the best job I ever had? a schedule, great overnights, hard days off and lots of them and decent money for working 160 days a year

Latest resources

Back