• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJ Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That thinking is exactly why I left the fractional world. My 121 job will pay me 40K more a year after only being on board for 12 months. This is 40k more than topped out ten year pay as an FO at Netjets. It only goes up from there. To think that this is THE UPPER SPECTRUM OF PAY and BENEFITS in the industry tells me that you have a very narrow view of THE INDUSTRY. I am a highly experienced pilot. I demand first rate compensation for my skills. I now have it. Feel free to compare yourself to cheap rate charter. It sounds like you belong there.

You're comparing 121 to 91/135 again. You were at the upper end of the spectrum for the 91/135 world were you not? If you want to include 121, then why aren't there almost 3,000 pilots putting in their 2 weeks notice so they can go make more at the airlines? Some people like on demand flying. Some don't like do the same ABC, DEF, GHI routes every two days. That's great you could move on and make more. There are 2,999 other pilots in this company that are highly experienced too and all deserve pay commensurate of their skills. I agree you all deserve more because I sit behind my screens and see what you guys do, but does the supply / demand of the career field allow for that much higher pay?

Let me ask the original question...What is it you want? Are you guys (and gals) really treated that bad? Is this really that bad of a place to work? Help me understand why those among you are so unhappy.

SG

Let me ask the original question...What is it you want? Are you guys (and gals) really treated that bad? Is this really that bad of a place to work? Help me understand why those among you are so unhappy.

SG

I'll tell you how we are now being treated and what JH wants.

1) Scheduling issues to include every attempt to get 12-14 hours of duty each day, even if it means a 4 hour show/go for a pax trip out of BFE, or hours of crew rot at some crappy FBO after a long day.

2) Degredation of accomodations to include reduced benefits such as breakfast, even when we are Diamond, Platinum, or similar types of members.

3) Scheduling late returns to one's base on the last day even when there is no reasonable chance to be used as a crew member.

4) Total lack of respect. Example: JH actually said he considers his crews to be part time employees, even when many put in 80 hours of duty in 7 days.

5) Loss of protections when other groups are on strike. In other words, we would be forced to cross picket lines.

5) HUGE reduction in health coverage.

6) Reduction in sick leave accrual.

7) Reduction in vacation.

8) Zero increase in base pay, not to mention no COLA or improved longevity pay.

9) Reduction in overtime language.

These are but a few examples. All to squeeze a few bucks more for WB. Forget the intangible profits we provide. Flight Safety for example. Or the increased profits we provide other BKS companies via timely transportation to make their own profit.

It's wonderful that guys like Buffet and Gates give billions of these profits to charity. They look oh so benevolent, don't they? The truth is, they do so at the expense of the very people that bring them those profits. The greed of today far exceeds the days of Rockefeller and Carnegie.

Hey you cannot post this stuff here on FI. Reality has no place in the FI pilot world. I mean look at hoe their NJ pilots are already suffering, I mean I hear they have been cut from three meals a day to two meals a day and they actually have to spend part of their pre-diem on food. This is outrageous, pilots are very special and should be treated as the very special individuals that hey are.

Yep! We NJA pilots are SLAVES I tell you, SLAVES.

Yep! We NJA pilots are SLAVES I tell you, SLAVES.

The majority are indeed treated like slaves. There are still those select few who still get the sweat deals. There always will be. But even many in the GLC fleet are coming to realize that this is not the place it once was. Based upon your responses, you are not one of them.

The majority are indeed treated like slaves. There are still those select few who still get the sweat deals. There always will be. But even many in the GLC fleet are coming to realize that this is not the place it once was. Based upon your responses, you are not one of them.
I would love to be slave under the NJ conditions, as are almost everyone of the furlougess returnees have said.

I would love to be slave under the NJ conditions, as are almost everyone of the furlougess returnees have said.

This ^^ is the problem we always have as pilots. There is always someone waiting in line to whore themselves out for less. And when they ultimately get just what they were asking for, they are always the first ones to complain and blame the union.

NJ guys, good work with the info picket!!

Latest resources

Back