• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJ Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yip, you spew your weak ass crap in the fractional forum day in and day out.
Hey I started this thread, it gives me a right to post. Got lots of friends at NJ, I helped many of them get there. Turned down NJ because I could not take the pay cut. I am happy, I see many here who appear not to be. That is too bad, live is too short to be unhappy.

You actually did what I advocate. You voted in the marketplace by leaving NJA for a better paying job, rather than trying to shut NJA down. Kudos.
Good advice this guys get it.

Last edited:
A very large aircraft operator employing LOTS of pilots. And I want them to keep their jobs.

That is a bit short sighted.

Pilot salaries will have little to no bearing on NJA's long term survival. I would be interested to know how many flights are coded yellow or red as opposed to 2008. That's where NJA's success or demise hinges. It is also largely in the hands of a pilot group who have earned a better compensation package and better adherence to the agreement once signed.

That is a bit short sighted.

Pilot salaries will have little to no bearing on NJA's long term survival. I would be interested to know how many flights are coded yellow or red as opposed to 2008. That's where NJA's success or demise hinges. It is also largely in the hands of a pilot group who have earned a better compensation package and better adherence to the agreement once signed.

Heck, I would love a big raise. As long as it doesn't cost us our jobs. Question: if we NJA pilots are paid more than our competitors, and our planes and fuel and maintenance cost the same, how will we compete with FlexJet and XO, etc?

Heck, I would love a big raise. As long as it doesn't cost us our jobs. Question: if we NJA pilots are paid more than our competitors, and our planes and fuel and maintenance cost the same, how will we compete with FlexJet and XO, etc?

You're already paid more than your competitors. NJA is 30% more expensive than our competitors. NJA is raking in money. They make that money off of your superior, quality service. You deserve to be compensated well for this service and in line with your peer group. Here I believe your definition of your peer group needs to be broadened.

Before the furlough I was in the X. That would put my perceived peer group as a 3rd year 737 FO. I fly similar trips to that pilot group and I expect to be compensated accordingly, especially since my core job functions occur after the passengers have left whereas the 73 guy is taking a dump and grabbing lunch after they're gone.

The company has already stated through BH issued press releases that they can afford it, all the while asking me to work for sub-regional work rules.

No thanks, and you're selling yourself VERY short if you buy in to what they're selling.

You're already paid more than your competitors. NJA is 30% more expensive than our competitors. NJA is raking in money. They make that money off of your superior, quality service. You deserve to be compensated well for this service and in line with your peer group. Here I believe your definition of your peer group needs to be broadened.

Before the furlough I was in the X. That would put my perceived peer group as a 3rd year 737 FO. I fly similar trips to that pilot group and I expect to be compensated accordingly, especially since my core job functions occur after the passengers have left whereas the 73 guy is taking a dump and grabbing lunch after they're gone.

The company has already stated through BH issued press releases that they can afford it, all the while asking me to work for sub-regional work rules.

No thanks, and you're selling yourself VERY short if you buy in to what they're selling.

You might be right. Maybe NJA can continue to prosper and pay us more. I'm just worried.

Why would the owners have to a nickel more? SWA pays their crews almost $100k a year more than NJA. If an airline posts a profit of $25 million in a year, it was considered a success.

Did you not read how much money NJA made in '12 and '13?

It was a success.

The owners won't have to notice a single difference except the bigger smiles on the crews faces.

Why would the owners have to a nickel more? SWA pays their crews almost $100k a year more than NJA. If an airline posts a profit of $25 million in a year, it was considered a success.

Did you not read how much money NJA made in '12 and '13?

It was a success.

The owners won't have to notice a single difference except the bigger smiles on the crews faces.

And yet they won't pay. What now?

Latest resources

Back