NJ hiring Slowing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

av8tor4239

Word on the street is the hiring is slowing to a crawl for the rest of 08....

Rumor... hired 200 this year

There were 6 new CE750 SICs at FSI CMH last week just starting initial. There were two other new hire classes as well-Ultra and Excell I believe. Biggest reason we aren't hiring faster is the limited seats for training initial classes.

There are three reasons to even mention the word furlough today.

1. It's true. (Not at NJA at this time)

2. It's funny in the eyes of the poster. (Not anywhere these days)

3. It's wishfull thinking. (From one who is miserable where they are and feel everyone should be as miserable. Possibly one who was ignored or turned down by the company in question)

No, Netjets is not furloughing, and those candidates interested in employment will need to be patient and persistant. Remember, lots of other companies are furloughing, so in addition to our training slot problem, there are lots more applicants to process.

Last edited:
lol thats funny...

to educate you, it is because we can't have guys sitting around for 5 months waiting on a sim. More sims = more hiriing.

we have planes sitting with no crews because they can't get them trained fast enough.

I understand how hard it is to see sarcasm in someones post.

maybe you should be replying to the dumb&ss that started the post.

I was told by someone at Bridgeway that were not giving any Furloughed Legacy guys Pref treatment. In her words we got burned by hiring too many Old Legacy pilots that think they can still act like they are captains in there old 121 job and not take care of our owners.

I don't know about you guys but I'm sick and tired of airlining to or from work and having some airline crew stop me and tell me that we "Netjets" are there backup plan if they get furloughed. this is usually followed by being asked if we have to act like FA and serve them there meals and drinks.

Tell them "Yes." Then tell them you have to empty the lav into a plastic trash bag, and bow to the passengers as they arrive. The toughest part is cleaning up all the rose petals we scatter up the stairs and down the aisle... :rolleyes:

Tell them "Yes." Then tell them you have to empty the lav into a plastic trash bag, and bow to the passengers as they arrive. The toughest part is cleaning up all the rose petals we scatter up the stairs and down the aisle... :rolleyes:

Don't forget to mention that they will no longer be able to read USA Today on every leg...

That's funny!:laugh: :beer:

Actually though, a little understanding may be in order. These guys have typically had THE job that people used to aspire to. And if they're still their, they're probably still making a pretty good living. Unless you were at the bottom of the seniority list, would you leave a really good job, even for a decent fractional? It only makes sense that another job is their BACKUP job.

Working for NJA, I could honestly say that any other job I was considering right now (inside or outside of aviation) is my backup choice.

No reason to jump on someone for their wording of where a certain job falls in their own personal priority list.

Besides, if they aren't putting in an application right now, it'll be a LOOOOOONG time before they have any shot at their backup job.

I was told by someone at Bridgeway that were not giving any Furloughed Legacy guys Pref treatment. In her words we got burned by hiring too many Old Legacy pilots that think they can still act like they are captains in there old 121 job and not take care of our owners.

I don't know about you guys but I'm sick and tired of airlining to or from work and having some airline crew stop me and tell me that we "Netjets" are there backup plan if they get furloughed. this is usually followed by being asked if we have to act like FA and serve them there meals and drinks.

From your profile, it looks like you were at Indy Air. Seems NetJets was your backup plan.

Latest resources

Back