• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New WSJ article on awful Pilot Pay in Colgan crash

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hopefully all this sh** comes to a head. The gov't wants more experienced pilots at the controls? Force minimum compensation to attract more experienced talent. Continue to pay $17-25K a year and all that talent is going to go overseas (Middle East, Asia, etc...)

Any time there is an accident and people lose there lives it is tragic!!!!!!! Sometimes it can be a complete mistake or something out of our control that causes it. Overall I think most pilots and most professional careers where we take on risk the people worknig are very compitent and do a good job!! Not too long ago in a MSP area well known hospital, a patient with cancer in one kidney had surgery to have the bad one removed.. By accident the Doctor and staff removed and disposed the heathly kidney!!!!!!!!!!

Any time there is an accident and people lose there lives it is tragic!!!!!!! Sometimes it can be a complete mistake or something out of our control that causes it. Overall I think most pilots and most professional careers where we take on risk the people working are very competent and do a good job!! Not too long ago in a MSP area well known hospital, a patient with cancer in one kidney had surgery to have the bad one removed.. By accident the Doctor and staff removed and disposed the healthy kidney!!!!!!!!!!

And that is why with most surgeries and amputations they write "NO" on the part that is not to be fixed or removed. Now with a Kidney there are procedures in place to limit the mistake, but as with aviation, mistakes happen.

Does the Q400 have auto throttles?

Two things...

1) The plane gets very slow... condition levers max or full forward... airspeed bleeds off. The speed tape goes into the red (stall) zone and the throttles go to full power.

2) She puts the flaps up and the plane soon departs...

I know what she was thinking... flaps go down and the plane soon stalls... maybe split flaps??? But if she had some more experience (I had them once in an E2 over Saudi) she'd know they weren't split because they were already at 5 flaps... maybe the result would've been much different had the flaps remained at the same setting. I'd bet that plane wont fly w/ flaps at zero around 100 kias... I thought he did a great job fighting the stall but w/ the flaps coming up he was screwed...

tailhookah

I thought he did a great job fighting the stall but w/ the flaps coming up he was screwed...
are you kidding? pulling against the stick pusher is not 'a great job fighting the stall.' her moving the flaps, while probably not ideal, was not the first nor the most important link in this chain.

Speaking of pulling the flaps up...Why would you change the configuration before you had the situation under control..Same with wind shear, ride the stickshaker and DO NOT CHANGE THE CONFIGURATION until you get out of the shear.

Nightly News was not kind to Regional airlines. The unwashed masses are all thinking regional pilots are substandard, Sully wannabeees.

Why would you change the configuration before you had the situation under control..Same with wind shear, ride the stickshaker and DO NOT CHANGE THE CONFIGURATION until you get out of the shear. .

If there was any thought of tail plane icing moving the flaps to the last position is what the trained recovery is to do. Saying that I have not flown the Q400 but it was stressed in the EMB120 because of the T-Tail

Latest resources

Back