• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New trend for AirTran negotiations?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This pilot group does so much to save this company MILLIONS OF DOLLARS! Single engine taxi, starting the APU at the last moment, flying at a higher altitude than filed to conserve fuel, staying clean a little longer on the approach to conserve fuel, and so many more things to save this company MILLIONS!

Guess you haven't been flying with me.

Attrition drove the last contract, and it will drive this one.
Makes sense...

KG and SK blew their opportunity to get a contract favorable to management, and now they are scrambling. The tide is turning, and they know it.
Hope the line pilots see it as well. I am NOT impressed by the MEC "PROPOSAL" in terms of pay rates across the board. Good for Captains (not great, just good), and downright dispicable for the F/O's.

Speaking of stupid- Hey, Bill Nelson-
Some people definitely need to get some new material.

Give it a few years there, genius. They'll all be retired and you won't have to worry about it anymore.

Attrition drove the last contract, and it will drive this one.

Honest question for you, not trying to flame, but I am curious why you feel this way? Seems to me, unless the attrition rate is so high that it is impacting ops (which would surprise me since AT pays well and is a good place to work) then to a certain extent attrition means you continually have workers on one and two year pay. Is attrition really that high that it would impact ops?

Honest question for you, not trying to flame, but I am curious why you feel this way? Seems to me, unless the attrition rate is so high that it is impacting ops (which would surprise me since AT pays well and is a good place to work) then to a certain extent attrition means you continually have workers on one and two year pay. Is attrition really that high that it would impact ops?

In December they had more resignations than new hires.

AirTran looks at the cost of training new pilots. I know the last new hire class had to be increased at the last minute to accommodate attrition.

Have you guys had any informational picketing events? It seems like you've been in contract negotiations for a long time now. Maybe your Union should schedule some info picketing to take place at MKE. That would get management's attention.

Thanks for the info. I had no idea you had that much attrition there. Couple more questions. Is this a new thing, or has there always been a certain amount of attrition? Also, where are they going?

I think removing a certain negotiator was a start. Two much bad blood and water under the bridge. We will see what really happens when they get to compensation..

You (meaning all you "company men") are the reason no progress has happen in the pass. Do you really believe that removing one person at the table would change anything. Go sit down with coach, conference call KG, sip some AirTran koolaide, and let them tell how great things are at the big A. The one person was removed in September, 6 months later where are we? Not much closer, sure some of the fluff stuff is taken care, but the big items are still looming. Removing one person from the table did nothing, high atrition, poor moral, sick calls, and the MEH thing are what is driving the talks not the removing MB.

You (meaning all you "company men") are the reason no progress has happen in the pass. Do you really believe that removing one person at the table would change anything. Go sit down with coach, conference call KG, sip some AirTran koolaide, and let them tell how great things are at the big A. The one person was removed in September, 6 months later where are we? Not much closer, sure some of the fluff stuff is taken care, but the big items are still looming. Removing one person from the table did nothing, high atrition, poor moral, sick calls, and the MEH thing are what is driving the talks not the removing MB.

gt1900 is a free kind of thinker

Latest resources

Back