Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Lear70

JAFFO
Is this the kindler, gentler, SK and KG I'm reading about in my Flica e-docs?

Does anybody have any idea what this really means or why it came out?

Was it the huge increase the last 3 months in attrition?
Was it the huge increase in LPR that basically say, "It ain't my job so fix it"
Or was it a large number of sick calls?

Little things like that which tend to get people's attention at the top when it starts affecting line operations.

Just curious (don't have access to the other board).

Little things like that which tend to get people's attention at the top when it starts affecting line operations.

I too was a little curious about the timing of the letter, perhaps the lack of upgrades in March or a few junior FOs going to Delta had something to do with it? At least I know why they won't let me off the 717.

Or maybe everyone just grew up and realized all the bickering was like two little kids fighting over a lollipop... But most likely a combination of a little bit of everything..I think removing a certain negotiator was a start. Two much bad blood and water under the bridge. We will see what really happens when they get to compensation..

Soooooooo. What did the letter say?

I think it said "F*ck you Scabs," but I'm not sure.

Nah... they're just preparing the "crewmembers" for their year-end $$$ bonus announcement. That way, it won't seem as... undeserved. And then they will go back to normal. They are not, however, doing it because "it's just the right thing to do." There is a reason and, hopefully, we'll soon know what it is.

Last edited:
I wasn't impressed! He spent a whole page trying to explain the Christmas mess. Every pilot at AirTran understood what happened with FLICA. It was the way management handled the FLICA scheduling problem. They came out and blasted the pilots and made it seem as if it were the pilots fault that those trips went uncovered. A simple apology to the pilots and then management asking for help from the pilots would have gone a long way with this pilot group! This letter seemed as if he was trying to justify their actions.
AirTran has a highly motivated pilot force. The guys and gals are a pleasure to work with. 99.9% of the guys and gals I have flown with want to see this airline succeed. These folks would gladly love to share their ideas with management to make our operation better. PROBLEM, the impression is that management doesn't care what we think! This pilot group does so much to save this company MILLIONS OF DOLLARS! Single engine taxi, starting the APU at the last moment, flying at a higher altitude than filed to conserve fuel, staying clean a little longer on the approach to conserve fuel, and so many more things to save this company MILLIONS! To watch the scheduling department burn those MILLIONS with inefficient scheduling and rescheduling. Management, lets start empowering the managers that fly these airplanes and start listening to them. The pilots are vested here and want AirTran to succeed, will the leadership listen?

I think it said "F*ck you Scabs," but I'm not sure.

It only took six posts for Mr. original to show up, got any everglades jokes while your here Mr. original? Hey I've been looking for that dead horse thanks for showing up, While I'm here got any challenger jokes.

Attrition drove the last contract, and it will drive this one.

KG and SK blew their opportunity to get a contract favorable to management, and now they are scrambling. The tide is turning, and they know it.

When you have Captains leaving, it sends a message loud and clear. It ain't about the money . . . . it's about the dinosaur management, stupid!

Speaking of stupid- Hey, Bill Nelson-

What's a scab, anyway? Is that what you find on your forehead after sleeping off a buzz in your Mercedes? Close that armrest ashtray lid next time.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back