• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New trend for AirTran negotiations?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
add *Abolish $25 charge for the additional jumpseats, and unlim. for reciprocal agreements.
Oh boy, you've done it now.

This thread will now degenerate into a jumpseat argument, lead by A**-dude. ;)

-9Capt, sounds good to me (my personal goal is a decrease of premiums by at least 50% - $400 a month for BASE HMO family coverage is ridiculous).

Let me know when it's ready for vote. :D

Albie, you're absolutely right. I kind of look at this board as a way to vent to a few of the MEC guys who frequent this forum, hopefully stir a little debate. Solidarity definitely goes a long way,,,

One of these days need to buy you a beer, just for grins and for providing such an awesome product - my buddies who have gotten on at FedEx swear by your prep! :)

Last edited:
Lear70,

I'd like to say "it was all me...", but you know the truth. The guys I've seen have been super quality guys--and probably would have gotten hired with our without us. That said--fun to help good guys. I'm just glad I have had to leave flying a nice, new clean plane to go plumb 727s in the middle of the night. Fortunately I got lucky at FDX the first time.

Any of your bros go straight to the MD-11? Someone told me the FMS was remarkable similar/the same as the 717.

Those numbers are way low bro.

I expect to see closer to 15%-20% for the junior guys and 10% for the senior, COLA after that.

Not to mention:

*Increase of 1% a year to the B-fund for the next 3 years
*Limits on reassignments, more strict limits on downline drafts/JA's
*Long call reserve, no changing the reserve period.
*78 hr guarantee for reserves/75 hr for lineholders.
*5-6hrs/month sick accrual, vacation pay, personal days.
*Decrease the insurance premiums.
*Perf-bid, fix SAP.
*No $5000 cap on LTD
*Commuter policy
*More vacation weeks for the senior guys, 4hrs pay per day of vacation.
*Paid for missed trips during recurrent
*Better rigs, minimum daily pay
*Decent signing bonus/profit sharing or stock grants.
*3year duration
*Tighter scope language that binds AirTran Holdings, this is huge!

I agree with all you've listed. But add:
- Minimum 12 days off for Reserves
- Specific, strong career protection language for merger/acquisition. That's huge too!!

Any of your bros go straight to the MD-11? Someone told me the FMS was remarkable similar/the same as the 717.
I don't know. The guys I know who have gone to FDX were all from PCL.

I know a few guys have left AAI for FDX, just don't know any of them personally.

And yes, from what I'm told, the entire avionics package is nearly identical. FMS and all 6 tubes plus the FCP.

I don't know which I'd rather fly. The 727 would be great, but preferrably not side-saddle. Probably the 11 until I could hold one of the front seats of the 727... I kinda miss that airplane! :)

Not that I'm gonna have to make that choice anytime soon. :crying: ;)

Sled, I agree on the Xmas debacle but it's obvious the majority enjoy the benefits of SAP II, but that LOA can be pulled at any time. You need to encourage everyone you fly with that has less than stellar results this month with SAP II to go to the NPA website and email the scheduling chairman. (I know that requires a little pointing and clicking but if you can do it here, you can do it there.) I think we should go back to fax and email just because it increases the work load on planning and let them work it out.
As far as age 60, I looked into it, and you could have too instead of jsut bashing the NPA, and the majority of the pilots polled from the polling center were in favor of it. Not by much but the majority were in favor, and almost 30% were against and almost 20% didn't care but a slim majority were in favor. What really pi$$es me off is that a certain instructor/checkairman that normally wouldn't have anything to do with the NPA besides run it down, is helping the committee chairman in his endeavors to raise the age. I guess we're an equal employment opportunity NPA.

I did take the time to email AP and the scheduling chairman, which forwarded that email to AP. Show me the the results from the age 65 poll, or better yet, find me someone that actually was part of that poll. Besides the fact that there never was a poll, even if there had, the demagraphics have changed since then requiring a new "poll". There is no way you can convice me that a majority of FL pilots support age 65.

As far the as the SAP II issue, it's obvious the scheduling guy was never in favor of the LOA in the first place. It sounds like the BOD signed it without the scheduling chairman's blessing because he saw right away that it wasn't going to work. So, point and click all you want, they are NOT bargaining for the majority and are NOT listening to their own members in their designated areas.

NPA bashing? They can't even wear their union lanyards because the company said no. LOL Please... If they can't even win that small battle, what makes you think they are going to be able to win any of the big ones? Furthermore, when they do lose, they sign LOA's so that we can't grieve it.

As far as getting involved I'll say this. The hotel guy that got fired was the kind of union people we need here. Very loyal, very vocal, didn't budge an inch, and look what happened? Why would anyone vocal like that want to stick their neck on the line if the union doesn't have enough clout to protect their volunteers from that kind of abuse? Sure he got his job back but that still sent a huge message to anyone that doesn't want to go along with the program here.

Sure he got his job back but that still sent a huge message to anyone that doesn't want to go along with the program here.
This happened every month at my last carrier.

Anyone who didn't go along with whatever scheduling said to do (even if it wasn't legal) or challenged the company was terminated at the SLIGHTEST small infraction.

90% of them got their jobs back in grievance (or obtained HIGH 6-figure settlements if they sued for wrongful termination in lieu of grievance), but it sent a heck of a message to the employee groups.

Anyone who didn't go along with whatever scheduling said to do (even if it wasn't legal) or challenged the company was terminated at the SLIGHTEST small infraction.

Hmmm... that reminds me of the good (not) old days at the commuters, you piss someone in scheduling or dispatch and for some reason on your next checkride you get few crazy back/course approaches in icing till you forget something and you bust your check-ride, just to remind you not to do that again.

And Bskin, who in our class went to Delta?:confused:

2nd most junior guy in our class -- Derrick. Guess he had wanted it all along. I wish him luck, but talk about being on reserve a long time -- if he's lucky!

Plus, he's only around 30, if that -- more time to make up for it IF he made a bad move.

Last edited:
Those numbers are way low bro.

I expect to see closer to 15%-20% for the junior guys and 10% for the senior, COLA after that.

Not to mention:

*Increase of 1% a year to the B-fund for the next 3 years
*Limits on reassignments, more strict limits on downline drafts/JA's
*Long call reserve, no changing the reserve period.
*78 hr guarantee for reserves/75 hr for lineholders.
*5-6hrs/month sick accrual, vacation pay, personal days.
*Decrease the insurance premiums.
*Perf-bid, fix SAP.
*No $5000 cap on LTD
*Commuter policy
*More vacation weeks for the senior guys, 4hrs pay per day of vacation.
*Paid for missed trips during recurrent
*Better rigs, minimum daily pay
*Decent signing bonus/profit sharing or stock grants.
*3year duration
*Tighter scope language that binds AirTran Holdings, this is huge!

Oh yeah, almost forgot

*Leave opentime alone till 48hrs prior to report time.

Latest resources

Back